Meeting Her Again

Link's P.O.V.

I've been staying at this village for about a day now. It may not seem like much, but I was worried about (Y/N). I haven't seen her for the past four days.

"Something is definitely wrong with you, Link, to care so much."

I was sitting by the little pond playing with the grass. I sighed as I realized that (Y/N) wouldn't be coming back soon and got up from my spot when I heard a horse's steps.

Coming from the dark, I saw her. It was (Y/N). We made eye contact but she didn't acknowledge me; she kept on moving. She hopped down her horse and walked forward, not once looking up. She kept her head down low and when she was right next to me, she stopped.

"You shouldn't have come," she spoke lowly. There was something different in her voice. It wasn't the laid-back, teasing voice she usually carried. Her voice right now sounded solemn and bitter, dead in a way.

She attempted to walk away but I grabbed her by her wrist and held her by the shoulders. We were inches away from each other. I towered over her as I continued to grasp her shoulders. She kept her gaze on the floor.

"I was worried about you, (Y/N)," I said with concern.

She kept her gaze on the floor, "Why would you care?" she growled.

I was offended that she would think like that, "Why wouldn't I care? You just disappeared and you expect me not to worry?"

She continued to stare at the dirt, "You? Worry?" she mocked, "Don't make me laugh. I'm nothing but someone to take a title from. You've got it already, don't you? Go bug some other girl because this girl wants out."

"But you're the only girl I want to bug," I said unexpectedly.

And, without thinking, I pulled (Y/N) in for a hug. I held her tight. I felt (Y/N) tense up as I held her.

"Link, what are you doing?" my brain told me, "I know exactly what I'm doing," I answered myself.

I felt (Y/N)'s hands push me away forcefully. She looked up to me with anger and tears in her eyes. Something happened to her before she got here that made her like this.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Link?" she yelled and stormed off but suddenly stopped in her tracks, "You know what, Link? I've been wanting to tell you this for so long. Guess what? I hate you, Link. That's right. I hate you."

I stood in my place, paralyzed. Normally, I wouldn't care if a girl said that to me, but this time was different. I wanted to tell her I hated her too, but I know I'd be lying to myself if I said that.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I had woken up the next morning and stared at the ceiling. I took in everything that had happened to me so far. Finding my sister and Link doing those unexpected things.

"Idiot," I mumbled under my breath as I got ready to go with (sw/n) in hand to search for my sister again. I walked out my room and headed down the stairs. I heard another door open and footsteps that rushed down the stairs. I turned my back and saw Link.

"What do you want?" I spoke.

"(Y/N), can we at least talk properly before you disappear again?"

"Nope."

I was about to grab the doorknob when Link literally dashed to block the door. I glared at him. Luckily for us, the inn keeper wasn't at his desk at the moment.

"(Y/N). Please, just hear me out," his eyes pleaded with mine.

"Fine," I responded stubbornly, "Nothing about your idiotic actions last night though."

He looked hurt when I said that, but I brushed it off. He wasn't capable of those kind of feelings...was he?

He cleared his throat, "First, (Y/N), I know about your past and why that title is so important to you."

My head snapped up, "Who told you?"

"Niko."

"Dang that Niko."

"Anything else?" I asked growing impatient.

"Where did you come from last night?"

"That's none of your business," I responded.

He sighed, "If you don't want to tell me, fine. I respect your decision."

This guy has seriously been surprising me lately with his new attitude.

He spoke again, "Where ever you're going, (Y/N), please come back to Hyrule first."

My blood started to boil at the mention of 'Hyrule', "Why would I do that? Those backstabbers."

"Please, (Y/N). Just prove to them that you are the best knight. They're planning on replacing you..." he hesitated, "...with me."

"What?!?" I raged.

"(Y/N), please calm down. That's why I need you to come back. Defeat me in front of all of Hyrule and the title will be permanently yours once again."

I sighed, "Alright then. What are we waiting for? Let's get this over with. Now move from the door."

I saw his eyes light up as he moved. We got outside and immediately got on our horses.

"The sooner I get this over with, the sooner I can look for (S/N)."

*****

We entered Hyrule and made our way straight towards a battle arena. Not the one that we used for training, but one that was for all of the public eyes to see. This was the moment they've all been waiting for. They wanted to see if I still deserved that title.

Link and I took our separate ways to prepare for battle. I sharpened my sword and made my way towards one side of the arena, Link standing opposite of me.

"Ladies and gentlemen," a man on the speaker system spoke, "The most awaited battle of who deserves the title as best knight has now come to your sights! Will our participants please take their stances?"

Link and I prepared ourselves and gave a signal to the announcer.

"This will be a fight to the death if it has to be," the announcer spoke, "Let the battle begin in three...two...ONE!!!"