Training: Day Two (Part 3)

Link's P.O.V.

"Come on. Let's go. We still have loads of time to kill."

I looked at (Y/N), still kind of scared of her. I've never been afraid of anything before, but this girl scared the living daylights out of me.

When I heard her say, "We still have loads of time to kill," I was thinking something else.

"You mean you have me to kill."

I stood there while (Y/N) started walking to a board next to the stables.

"Come on, Link. Let's go."

She waved for me to come over and I hesitantly walked to her side. I made sure to stand a couple of feet away in case she somehow reverted back to who knows what she was earlier.

"Okay, let's see," she started as she skimmed the board for a mission.

"I told you if it ended in a draw we'd skip training and do the easy missions. So..." she said as she continued to look at missions.

"Seriously. How is she not phased by what happened earlier. Maybe I should ask her about it..."

"Hey, (Y/N)--"

She cut me off.

"Perfect. I found just the right mission for us. It's over at Romani Ranch. Get a horse from the stable and let's go."

"Actually, I have a horse of my own," I told her.

"Oh do you now? Let's see it."

"Okay then," I told her as I took out my ocarina and played Epona's song. Literally, in a blink of an eye, Epona was right in front of us. Usually it would've taken a few minutes but considering that I had hidden Epona behind the stables, she appeared very quickly.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I didn't really want to talk about what happened earlier so I was doing everything I could to avoid the question Link was trying to ask. It's my problem, not his. I'll find out more about it on my own.

"This is my business, not yours, Link."

So when his horse came, I let him use her for our mission. Normally, I would've told him to get one of the horses already in the stables, but if it would help to avoid the topic, I allowed it.

"Alright," I told him as I looked at his horse, "You can take her."

Link gave me a stange look, probably because I agreed to it, but he eventually formed a smirk on his face.

"Warming up to me already?" he asked.

"Here we go again."

"Ha, you wish. Now let's go."

"Does this guy have like short term memory or something? Oh well, better for me."

I took Onyx out of the stables and sat atop of him. I motioned for Link to follow me and we rode off to Romani Ranch.

*****

We slowed our horses to a trot as we neared the entrance of the ranch.

"What's your horse's name?" Link asked as we continued heading inside the ranch.

I gave him a strange look.

"What? It's only polite that I ask," he said.

"Since when were you polite?" I mumbled under my breath before responding.