I'm Fine. Just Fine

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

What even happened? I found myself on a bed. I looked up and saw Link fast asleep on a wooden chair beside me.

"Okay, this is just weird."

I shot up from my bed and let out a blood curling scream as an immense pain came from my left side. Link had woken up.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" he asked with a look of concern on his face which shocked me a bit.

"I'm fine," I said as calmly as I could. I was lying though. My left side was absolutely killing me. I felt it; and I felt blood.

"I'm bleeding. Dang it."

Link looked at me, still concerned, "You're lying."

"No I'm not," I said as casually as I could.

"Yes, you are. I can see you are holding onto your left side," he said. I could clearly tell he was getting annoyed with my behavior.

"You're just seeing things, Link. I'm fine. Just fine. You can leave now."

"You are not fine, (Y/N)!" he yelled at me. I flinched a little bit and he continued to speak.

"Would you stop being so blunt and boring? Would it kill you to be nice and truthful to me for once?"

His eyes were full of rage. I looked down. I have to admit, I was hurt that he called me boring and blunt.

Link's P.O.V.

I don't know what came over me. I suddenly yelled at (Y/N). I knew I had no right to yell at her since I've only known her for two days. She was being so stubborn. I saw that on her face that she was somewhat hurt by my words.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. Forgive me. But please, (Y/N), let me see what's wrong."

She reluctantly removed her blanket and showed me the wound on her left side. It was bleeding like hell.

"(Y/N)! Why would you try to hide something as serious as that? I'm going to go ask Cremia for bandages right now."

I ran quickly to Cremia's room to get some bandages.

"Since when did you ever care about girls before, Link?"

I ignored that thought. What's important now is that I help (Y/N)'s wound.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

As Link left, I lay in bed. The pain was getting worse. I slowly got up and looked at myself in the mirror.

"I look awful."

I was suddenly overcome by something. I had no idea what it was. The pain got even worse. I screamed again. I clawed the hair on my head and looked at myself again. My eyes had become red with a slit in the middle. When I had opened my mouth to gasp in shock at the site, I saw fangs in my mouth.

"What is happening to me?"

I felt a dark aura surround me. I looked at my hair becoming white. I felt myself being slowly consumed by something. I turned around and saw a hooded figure. I couldn't see their face though.

"Nice to see you again," a female voice said.

I reached out for her but she suddenly disappeared. A piece of paper was left in her place. My hands reached for it.

"The answers to your questions in which you wish to seek will be found at the area where it all began."

Was this perhaps a hint to help find the murderers of my family? If it was, how did the figure know?

I was still suffering in pain. I was changing into something I did not want to until I heard the door open. As soon as that door opened, everything that changed went back to normal, as if nothing ever happened. My left side didn't hurt as much, but it still bled.

"(Y/N), we heard a scream. Are you alright?" Cremia asked me.

"I'm fine. Just a...a cockroach. Yeah, that's it," I laughed.

"My sister was always afraid of them so I guess that rubbed off on me," I said as I scratched my head. I totally lied about being afraid of cockroaches but Cremia bought it.

"Well, Link told me you had a wound and I'm here to help you."

Link stood behind Cremia the entire time looking at me as if he could read my lies.

*****

Link's P.O.V.

After Cremia helped (Y/N)'s wound, we left the ranch. The horse ride home was a silent one. When we neared Hyrule, I decided to strike up a conversation.

"So, you have a sister?"

She scoffed at me, "Why? Are you interested?"

I was actually genuinely trying to start a conversation with her. I was not interested in that kind of way.

"No," I grabbed my heart, "I'm hurt you would think such a thing."

She laughed, "Can you blame me? Well, if you still want to know...I'd prefer not to talk about it."

Her eyes suddenly filled with sadness.

"I understand," I said as we rode on.

"Thank you. I'll tell you eventually. Once we know each other better. I appreciate your concern though," she said.

I was surprised to see this kind behavior from her. It was a good thing though.

We reached Hyrule Kingdom.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Nope. You don't need training anymore so I won't be seeing you daily. But when a new mission does occur, that's when we'll meet."

"Alright. I'll see you later then. Bye, (Y/N)."

She waved her goodbye and rode off in the distance. I turned Epona around and made my way back to Stock Pot Inn with one main thought running through my head ever since (Y/N)'s incident with that mysterious 'thing' and the events that followed after.

"What was your past really like, (Y/N)?"