Discovery

(S/N)'s P.O.V.

After I had placed that note for (Y/N) to read, I headed straight to the site of which we were all murdered. It was a new task Ganzon had assigned to me. He had given me a box and had instructed me not to open it. It was only something that (Y/N) was allowed to see. Of course, I listened to him. I did want to know what was in that box though. 

I got to that barren area where I was supposed to leave the box. It was completely lifeless and empty. All that was there was a couple of abandoned watch towers, a house, and dirt. Lots of it. I looked for the specific location and placed the box there. The box wasn't anything special. It was plain and could be easily opened by anyone. But I am not allowed to open it. I left that place and returned back to Achlys Valley.

*****

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

It has been a day since the incident back at the ranch. I lay on my bed and stared at the note the hooded figure left me. My side didn't hurt as much anymore, but I was still worried. I continued to stare at the note.

"The answers to your questions in which you wish to seek will be found at the area where it all began."  

I got out of bed on put on some casual clothes and made my way out. I took Onyx from the stables and headed back to the area in which I thought I would never have to visit again.

"I'm not sure if this note is true, but it's worth the shot. I need all the help I can get if I want to find out who murdered my family."

I rode off into the distance. I was determined to find the answers to my past.

*****

Link's P.O.V.

I was out in Termina Fields looking for some poes to gain some extra cash when I suddenly saw a blur a distance away from me. I moved up a hill and got a bit closer to see what is was. It was (Y/N) riding that black stallion of hers. Where was she going? I needed to find out.

"C'mon, Epona, let's go see what my trainer is up to."

I climbed onto Epona's back and rode a good amount away from (Y/N). I needed to make sure that she didn't know I was watching.

I rode for what seemed like hours until I saw (Y/N) stop at an area that was literally in the middle of nowhere. I waited for her to walk into the area. I jumped off Epona and realized where (Y/N) had gone into, Ikana Canyon. She was bound to run into some ReDeads and Gibdos there and it seemed that she didn't bring her sword with her. Guess it looks like I'm going to have to watch her back. I mean, as much as I'm not too fond of her, no one deserves to be attacked by those wretched things.

*****

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I walked into the barren place. This place haunts me so much. I feel as if this place has become even more haunted than it was back then. I continued walking until I found the place. Deep within Ikana Canyon, there was a music box house. It was there in which my family was killed. I walked in and memories flashed as I saw their dead bodies flashing on and off in my head. It was gruesome. They lay still and lifeless, in a pool of blood.

I just wanted to get out of here. I then saw a plain box on the ground. Nothing special. Just a regular, old box. It was a small one though. I picked it up and observed it.

"Could this be the answer I'm looking for?"

I opened the box and found a blood-red gem in it. On it, was the engraving of a snake. I observed it more carefully.

"What in the world does this have to do with anything?"

I observed it again as another vision popped into my head. I saw the the hooded figure that left the note. In the vision, I saw that the hooded figure's cloak had the same exact gem on it.

"No way. No, no, no, no, no. Did that figure work with the people who killed my family?"

Anger started to consume me. The answer to my questions was right in my palm. I needed to find that hooded figure again. I needed to know where they came from and how they knew that this was what I needed. I felt myself turning into what I was becoming back at the ranch. But then I heard a high-pitched scream. Everything stopped, and I became paralyzed.

Link's P.O.V.

I heard a high-pitched scream come from the music box house. 

"Oh no, not again."

I remember the first time I went there when I had to help a girl named Pamela. But now was not the time for that. Right now, (Y/N) was in that house with no weapon. If that ReDead or Gibdo got to her, they'd try and suck the life out of her. 

I dashed towards the house and kicked down the door. I saw (Y/N) paralyzed in her tracks with the mummy-like Gibdo coming towards her. It was a slow moving creature but the ability to paralyze whoever looked at it made up for its slowness. I slashed at the creature until it was gone. (Y/N), still frightened by the previous event, picked herself up from the floor and put something in a small box.

When she returned to her senses. She looked at me with a look of agitation on her face, "What are you doing here?"

"Sheesh. No thank you?"

"Um, taking a stroll?" I replied.

"Whatever," she said as she made her way past me, "Stop following me, Link."

"You know it's dangerous to travel without weapons. Why would you come to a place like this without them?"

She remained silent but finally spoke, "That's none of your concern, Link," she said as walked out.

She was right. It was none of my concern, but what was I doing here? This would've been the perfect opportunity to have taken away that title. Let her be attacked by the Gibdo and the title would've been mine. But for some reason, I could care less about that right now.

Knowing I probably couldn't stop her from being annoyed with me, I followed her outside and called out to her, "(Y/N)!"

She stopped but didn't bother to look at me.

"Just try to be more careful," I said with the utmost concern in my tone.

I heard her mumble a "yeah whatever" as she continued walking.

I watched her from my spot as she walked away making sure nothing else attacked her.

"Link, there is definitely something wrong with you."

Ganzon's P.O.V.

"I see that your little sister has found my little present for her," I smiled evilly after watching the events from a holographic mist.

"Yes, she has," (S/N) spoke, "If I may ask, what was in that box, my liege?"

"Nothing important, just something to help get her on our side."

(S/N) nodded in response.

"You may leave now. I will call you once I have another task for you."

She nodded again as she walked away. I stared at the gem that was on her cloak. The same gem that (Y/N) had found in Ikana Valley.

"(S/N) must never find out about this."