Chapter 17

Sorry this took a while, lif'es been well life e___O I'm just a big procrastinator at this point -__-" Sorry to make you guys wait :/

Anyway the last chapter actually got to 30 votes :DD Took a while but it still did (: Hopefully it'll get to 30 votes and 5 comments again? :DD

Anyway I'll just stop talking and let you guys read >.> LOLOLOL don't forget to drop off a thought or comment at the end? :)

-Aii

Chapter 17

My brother looked at me with a knowing expression. I didn't know what he was thinking but at the moment I really didn't care.

"Visiting? Really?" He raised a brow at me.

My eyes were still glued to the opened door as I answered distantly, "Yeah, really."

When my eyes trailed back to Dylan he was preparing to say something, but I cut him off with one hand up.

"I'll be right back," I said quickly before zooming out the door and closing it behind me.

Damon and Amanda couldn't have left already, right? It had only been around a minute since he ran out. I felt like such a stalker. I had pulled on my sweats and hoodie before leaving Dylan's room, remembering to pull on my hat and hood. I walked down the hall as fast as I could without seeming suspicious or overly girly.

When I got to the front entrance, I pulled the door open and looked out. I stepped out cautiously and heard a crunch from my right. My eyes instantly snapped in the direction of the sound and spotted Damon. He had a rather distressed expression plastered on his face, his brows drawn low. His eyes were closed as he leaned against the wall, pinchin the bridge of his nose.

I carefully took one step in his direction when a faint smell of smoke hit my nose. My eyes trailed to his shoes, a cigarette was crushed under his boots. My nose wrinkled with distaste. I thought he had "non-smoke smoke" or something like that. An e-cigarette? Maybe the puff of smoke back at his office was just because his room was cold... Porbably since it seemed like it was the North Pole everytime I went in there. I swear I had to wear a big jacket and everyone outside the building stared at me weirdly when I walked in with it.

"Why are you here?" Damon's cold mutter drew my attention away from the crushed stick under his shoes.

"To see where you went," I snapped back in a cold tone that matched his, even though his tone actually sent a sharp pang in my chest.

"And why would you do that?" He chuckled, but it was humorless.

I didn't know how to answer to that.

"So I know that you didn't die off or something," I answered lamely.

To my surprise, Damon started to laugh genuinely and shook his head at me with amusement.