Chapter 23

YES THIS IS THE CHAPTER YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! I decided it'll be kind of short but completely Damon's POV >

ENJOY! Don't forget to Vote and Comment! (:

-Aii

Damon's POV

I blew out a breath as I neared my university campus. During the whole ride there, I'd been extremely tense. I knew the reason for it, but I chose to ignore it. It was a matter of irreverence anyhow, and would only get in the way.

"Hey," I said distractedly as I entered my shared dorm room, tossing my car keys onto the bed nearest to the door.

"Where'd you guys go?" Dylan asked as I plopped down onto my bed, my keys digging into my back.

I reached an arm under me and snaked out the keys, flinging them onto the ground without care.

"I dropped her off at her house," I mumbled into my pillow after flipping myself over, tossing aside my coat in the process.

Dylan probably nodded or something since he didn't answer. After a while, I heard some shuffling. Lifting my head, I spotted my roommate grabbing clean clothes and heading towards the bathroom.

"How did the rest of your date go?" I asked him before he closed the bathroom door.

I needed at least some good news. I was already in a bad mood as it is.

"It went... pretty well," He admitted, then scratched the back of his neck, making me smirk.

"I see..." I trailed off, then let him go take his shower.

I think I'll be able to cross him off my list soon, but Payton on the other hand... I sighed. Why was she being so difficult? Why couldn't she just take her fate and be happy with it? Why did I want her to reconsider being with Allan? She's supposed to be with him, I'm supposed to match them up! But why did I not want them to be together...

I sat up in frustration, my fingers digging into my scalp. She was going to be the death of me, I swear. Maybe I shouldn't go back, and take a leave of absence or something. I'm sure my father will understand. If it meant successfully matching up a pair, then so be it.

"Something bothering you, man?" Dylan's voice startled me.

I looked up to see him changed, and drying his hair with a towel. I shook my head. He narrowed his eyes at me but said nothing. Dylan just shook his head and walked over to his bed.

"I have a question," I began, twiddling my thumbs as I waited.

Dylan shrugged. "Shoot."

"What would you do if you love someone you weren't supposed to love?"

Dylan seem to have taken an interest in my question, and turned to look at me with a curious expression.

"You need to be a little more specific," He said thoughtfully after a while.

I couldn't really be more specific without giving anything away, so I decided to drop it.

"Never mind."

There was a silence between us.

"I would go for it," Dylan stated suddenly, which made me look at him in surprise. "Unless it was forbidden or something, than I'd let her go."

His last sentence made any hope I had go down the drain. I grunted in response. Well, that solved basically nothing.

* * * * * *

It's been a week since I last saw Payton. And we had a long weekend break which could go back to being a "therapist" for three days. I'm still debating whether or not I should go. I did say to Payton that I probably will... but I didn't want to see her right now...

In the end, I decided to go, but not to see Payton, but to see my Dad. I grabbed my car keys and headed out of my dorm, pulling out a cigarette from my new packet and lit it. Taking a long drag, I threw the barely smoked stick onto the ground and put it out before getting in my car.

It didn't take me long to arrive at my father's building since there was barely any traffic. There shouldn't have been anyway since it was only the godly hour of four thirty. The sun was barely up yet, much less most if the city. The towering structure loomed over me with a sense of familiarity as i parked and stepped out of my car. I passed the lobby with a stiff nod at the flirty secretary and rode the elevator up to the top floor where my father was at. I swear he lived in the building and never left.

"Damon?" My father raised a brow as I knocked and entered his office.

He seemed to be genuinely surprised to see me. I could understand why though, I almost never visited him unless it was important. He gestured for me to take a seat in front of him. My body collapsed into it on its own accord and I let out a deep breath as I sank further into the guest chair.

"Why are you here today?" Straight to the point as always.

I pinched the breath of my nose, and closed my eyes for a while before opening them again.

"How's your assignment going?" He asked, seeming to catch the drift of things.

"Fine," I gritted out. Why did I even come here in the first place again?

"I'm sensing a "but" here," He deduced correctly, but I didn't want him to know that. Was struggling with Payton.

"No buts. I just wanted to confirm something with you," I said slowly, sitting a bit straighter in my seat.

"Oh?" He leaned forward on his elbows with interest, clasping his hands together and resting his head on too of it.

For a geezer with a head of white hair that was short of Elvis styled, he looked pretty young. His face had aging wrinkles, but were not so defined that you can tell his actual age, which was fifty one. He looked like he was in his late thirties, maybe not even.

I haven't been doing an matching until now. The reason being my father dragged me here from my relaxed and normal lifestyle, saying that I needed to train to become Cupid, and that the not way he'll let me off for a while is if I complete three matching a for him. I had already completed two. One before Dylan, and Dylan himself, Payton however...

Since its been a while, I've forgotten all the rules, so I didn't know if this rule still applied... Yes, now I remember why I was here. To ask this question and confirm my suspicions, then make my final decision.

"When the assignment finally says "I love you" to their pairing, they lose all memories of their Cupid, am I correct?" I asked, and in my mind, I was silently hoping that he would say no,

"Yes, you are correct," My father answered without missing a beat.

I nodded and got up from my seat, leaving his office.

Should I do what Dylan advised, and let go of what is forbidden? Or should I take the chance and hold on?

___________________________________________________________________________

Ohhh Damon's question, doesn't it sound an awful like Payton's from a previous chapter? ;) also DunDunDunnnnnnnn.

How do you guys like Damon's POV? (: short but sweet? >.

ANYWAY MY COOKIE MONSTERS AND C&C CREAMIES! Don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts, also I think there's around 3 chapters or so left? So yes it's ending soon! :( but I will spare you guys and leave all the mushy goodbye stuff and thanks for later! ;)

FAMMOTE!