Epilogue

5 years later...

"Holy..." I breathed as I stared down at myself.

It has been five years since I moved to the states and let me tell you, it has been the best five years of my life. Sure, I missed my friends, especially Lucy and Lion, but it all worked out since they both came to study at Stanford after graduating. Lucy is now my roommate at the college, and Lion lived on the same campus. Allan surprisingly showed up two months after I moved with his luggage, saying that he'd follow me to the ends of the earth. That was sweet of him, but also extremely stupid. I smiled at the memory. We started dating, officially, and he finally proposed. It was nothing big, but enough to have me crying and saying "Yes". Even though I felt like the luckiest girl on the planet, there was something that was definitely missing. I kept pushing it away because it was probably nothing. I mean, I had everything I wanted, right? There wasn't anything that I could think of that was missing! And yet...

"You look beautiful!" Lucy gushed as she bounded up to where I was standing in front of three connected full body mirrors.

"And I thought you were going to be the one who was going to get married first," I muttered, but smiled nonetheless.

"You make it sound like getting married is a bad thing." She stuck out her tongue at me, twirling around once in her cream coloured bridesmaid dress.

"It means we can't go scope out cute guys in the mall like we used to," I gasped in an overly girly way.

She winked. "Who says we can't? It's not we're going to date them or anything..."

I rolled my eyes at her through the mirror, smiling as she walked back over to my side. She stood behind, peaking over my right shoulder, and planted both of her hands firmly on my shoulders.

"Are you nervous?" She asked, finally serious, but her tone was still light spirited and slightly excited.

I thought about her question. My eyes trailed down the strapless ballroom styled dress I was wearing, elegant and white. It was made out of pure silk with a satin lining underneath. There were no fancy designs, or sequins and fancy embroidery. It was... simple. I liked simple.

"Who wouldn't be?" I murmured as I smoothed down the front of my dress out of anxiety.

Lucy chuckled and shook her head slightly, taking one hand away from my shoulder and plucked the tiara with a veil attached from the little table beside the mirror. She walked around me so that she was now facing me and placed the tiara on my head, securing it with a few pins. It didn't take long since my hair wasn't in a usual wedding up-do. Instead, it was left down and curled into loose ringlets, ending just above my hips. No offence to the dress, but I think I like my hair better. It took me two years to grow it out to this length, so I'm pretty proud of it.

"There, perfect." She clapped her hands together and stepped back to admire her work.

"Hey." A voice from the doorway caught my attention. It was Lion.

I smiled as he walked over and took me in a bear hug.

"Are you even allowed to be in here?" I asked skeptically when we pulled apart.

"I don't know, am I?" He said mischievously.

I laughed and flicked him lightly on his forehead.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Allan right now?" Lucy interjected with a disapproving look that would've been more effective had she not broken into a smile.