Chapter 18

I want to reach 1,000 votes at the 20th chapter if that's possible? :) Anyway, school's been hectic, I have like 346892374891279 projects due next week and I just got 1 essay one out of the way... Sigh.. and now my procrastination level is wayyyyy over 9000 >.> My sleeping patterns are messed up and I'm starting to think I'll never find the perfect guy in time -__-" And how does any of this relate to this book? It doesn't =.= Well it kinda does in a way since I'm writing about cupid's and "The one" and all that stuff.... How ironic, the girl writing about love can't find it herself -__-"

ANYWHO... lol... 30 votes and 5+ comments? :)

ENJOYYYYYYYY!

Chapter 18

"What would you do... if you're in love with someone you're not allowed to be in love with?" I asked in a way that didn't seem too suspicious.

When Lucy didn't answer. I turned my head slowly, so it didn't look as if I was actually anticipating her answer. She was staring off into space with a blank expression, her sandwich raised in midair with her mouth opened. I sighed, and I thought I was the one that spaced out all the time.

"I'd go for it," To my surprise it was Lion that answered. I didn't notice he had walked over to our lunch table and sat down across from me. "I mean, rules for meant to be broken, right?" He winked.

I chewed my lower lip and debated on his words. Of course, his answer was actually pretty logical, if it weren't for the fact that Damon wasn't exactly human. Did this saying applied to magical beings too? Well, if he was considered a magical being... He looked pretty human...

"If only it were that simple," I sighed.

I looked back over at Lucy. What exactly is she thinking about or looking at? I raised a hand in front of her face and snapped a few times until she snapped out of it. She looked over at me with a raised brow, finally taking a bite of her near forgotten sandwich.

"Yeah?" She mumbled as she chewed.

"Nevermind," I muttered. "Who were you looking at?" I changed the topic before she questioned me.

She blinked and swallowed her food befoer speaking, "No one..."

Liar. I snorted at the same time Lion did as well. It was really easy to tell when Lucy was lying. First of all, if she was telling the truth or didn't have anything to hide, she wouldn't make of point of swallowing what she was eating before she was talking. And two, she blinks like crazy when she lies.

"Oh come on, it's obvious you're lying," Lion snickered at my comment.

"Whatever!" She huffed and went back to her sandwich.

Whatever it was, she'll tell me eventually. Lion repeated the question that I'd asked earlier to his twin. She seemed relieved that the spotlight wasn't on her anymore, but a crease appeared in between her brows as she looked over at me. Did she realized something? I gulped.