Chapter 22

Don't forget to comment, vote, and enjoy! ;)

Chapter 22

"Um..." The red head in front of me looked slightly uncomfortable as she shifted in her seat in the booth we were currently sitting in.

Dylan cleared his throat slightly, inching a bit away from his spot beside Amanda, but stopped when I glared at him.

"Ready to order?" The waitress interrupted our awkward situation, which I was thankful for.

"I'll have..." Damon began since no one else was speaking up. "The double leg chicken, dark meat, with fries, and coke."

I noticed the waitress gawking at him as he spoke, moving her pen mindlessly over the notepad she had in her hand. I almost laughed when she shook her head suddenly and had to ask Damon to repeat his order.

"I don't think our plan is working," I hiss whispered to Damon.

"Don't worry, just wait," He whispered back.

I scowled and slumped back in my spot. Clearly, the plan wasn't working. This is more like a double date gone wrong... Actually Damon and I were more like the third and forth wheels. Then again, they probably wouldn't have asked one another out if we hadn't suggested a double date. Of course, Dylan was skeptical of me "dating" Damon, but I told him that this date was actually for him and Amanda so he could relax. Though, I would've loved if this date had been real... I mentally slapped myself. No Payton!

"Wait for what? If we wait any longer, we'll both be dead by the time they become official..." I grumbled.

Amanda coughed, making me look up. She had a slight blush on her face, signalling that she heard what we were saying. I smiled back sheepishly and mouthed "sorry". She only answered by slightly shaking her head, and dismissing my apology with a small wave of her hand. I blew out a breath, which made Damon roll his eyes. This was going to be a long day.

* * * * * *

"Where do you guys want to go next?" Amanda chirped happily.

It took us about three hours to finally break that awkwardness between the four of us. Scratch that, just between Dylan and Amanda. We did it though. I felt like we won the Stanley cup, or a Grammy for best matchmakers... If that even existed that is... I was snapped out of my self gloating moment when I felt an arm being slung around my shoulders. I looked up immediately to see Damon smirking down at me.

"Actually," He began, making me gulp. The mischievous tone he was using wasn't sitting well with me. "It's getting pretty late."

I choked a laugh. Late my butt. It was only 5:00pm, but I didn't say anything since he obviously had something planned.

"And," Damon continued before they started questioning. "We were planning to go back to my house..."