n i n e t e e n

Johnny's POV

Ever since me and dally told everyone we were "dating" two bit has been staring at me a lot lately and hes been looking more and more like he wanted to kill me.
Everytime I hug or kiss daly on the cheek he balls his hands into fists and his face turns a slight shade of red.
I'm gonna be left alone with him today and I'm not sure what to do.

Pony's going on a date today, darry has work, dallys doing dally stuff, steve and soda are gonna work too so it only leaves me and two and I'm scared.
I know he wont kill me but what if he tries to hurt me.

Hes loved dally for a while.
I found his diary while he was black out drunk and it had entries from when he was a kid.
He rarely wrote anything in it so that explains why hes had it for so long but since me and dally lied and said we were together hes been writing a lot more and hes written about his love for dally. And his jealousy of me.

Everyone left the house leaving me alone until two bit arrives and holy mother of god I'm fucking scared.
I know something is gonna happen but I dont know what.
I know something big is gonna happen.
I can fell the knot in my stomach.

And just as I'm trying to calm myself down I hear the door open and two bit walking in.
I freeze and stare at the door waiting for him to walk into the room.
He usually comes into ponyboys room to wake him up but since hes gone on a date with cherry he woke up early to leave.
I hear his footsteps climbing the stairs.
They're off beat and slow so he must be really drunk.
Hes been drinking a lot more after the dinner of "confessions".
I hear the doorknob turn and the door swings open revealing a very very drunk two bit.
"Oh hey johnny what are you doing in here". He asks leaning against the door for support.
"Nothing just waking up from a nap". I reply stepping back a bit from the door.
"You know I get why dally likes you". He says looking down at the floor.
"Wha-what" I say taken aback at the sudden response.
"Well I mean your quiet and calm, very caring and funny, cute and very delicate, but you're also very strong minded and pretty responsible. I get why dally likes you". He said smiling sheepishly at me.
He continued. "I know I shouldn't be saying this now that you and him are a thing but I really love dally hes showed me the joy of living life and a friendship that I had always dreamed of I love him a lot and I'm sorry for saying all of this to you but I think I should be honest and admit that I'm jealous of what you two have".
He was crying lightly. "I hate you but I cant you're too sweet to hate".
I was stunned and said nothing.
Too bit is DEFINITELY super drunk.
Until I realized dally still has a chance!
"I'm so glad you told me this two I'm not even actually dating dally".
I said walking closer to him to help him from slipping closer to the floor and wiping the tears left on his face.
He looked at me confused and went to open his mouth before I started talking.
"I'll explain more when you're sober but for right now go to sleep you're too drunk to understand what I'm gonna tell you".
I helped walk him to the couch and layed him down.
"Well thanks Johnnycakes" he said getting comfy.
"If you remember I'm gonna have a talking with you after dinner so you better not forget ya hear me". I said putting a hand on my hip.
Man I'm hanging with darry too much.
He nodded and layed back down
The confession (and alcohol) took a lot out of him so he knocked out as soon as his head hit the pillow.

AGGGHHHHH FINALLY AN UPDATE!!
Sorry for the long wait I started my first year of high school and it's been a lot busier than I thought it would be 😅. THANK YOU ALL FOR 4K READS OMGGGGG I LOVE YOU ALL I WILL BE BACK ON TRACK WHEN SUMMER COMES