A father figure. ₀₂

-ℓυтє wondered if she was dead

   -ℓυтє wondered if she was dead. At this moment, she wished she was. All she could see were shades of red and black everywhere, and all she felt was pain.

She felt the cold pavement beneath her as she laid in the alleyway. A glare followed her.

   "Why the hell are you back  here? Didn't you learn your lesson last time?" A familiar female voice echoed down the alley.

Lute scoffed as she raised her battered body to a sitting position.

"Fuck you," she mumbled, tears mixing with blood as they streamed down her face. Vaggie aimed her spear at the fallen angel.

"Give me one reason not to kill you, right here and now."

   Lute fell silent, not speaking until Vaggie pressed the tip of her spear against Lute's skin, the sharp point threatening to cut her if she so much as flinched.

   "If you're going to kill me," Lute began boldly, though her confidence faltered as she sighed and wiped at her eyes. "Then just do it."

   Lute closed her eyes and braced for the impact of Vaggie's angelic spear. But the anticipated blow never came. Slowly opening her eyes once more, she saw Vaggie withdrawing her weapon with a sigh.

   Vaggie glared at Lute, the injured fallen angel, as she scoffed at Charlie's name. "I'm only keeping you alive because you must have information about Charlie that no one else in Hell knows," Vaggie stated.

    She easily picked up the weakened Lute, who had tried and failed to stand on her own through cries of pain. Despite her hatred, Vaggie carried Lute to the hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucifer paced anxiously around the hotel, tugging at his hair.

   "Fretting like a madman won't make her appear," Alastor said with his trademark grin, though Lucifer was too frightened about his daughter to be irritated. "But rest assured," the Radio Demon continued as his neck cracked and antlers grew, "when we find who took her, I'll make them suffer."

Lucifer finally sank down onto the couch, hugging his knees.

The group jumped at the slam of the door opening, turning their attention to it.

   "We're back," announced Vaggie, with Lute clinging desperately to her, clearly in pain. Meanwhile, Vaggie looked unfazed.