Calm before the storm.₀₇

(Btw I'm basically re-writing a little bit of Ep

(Btw I'm basically re-writing a little bit of Ep.4 since Loser, Baby has been stuck in my head all day..)

-It's been a few days since Lute last saw Angel...It was freaking her out. As much as Lute hated to admit it, she missed him. He already had so much going on with his boss, he'd hate to hear the news about Charlie. It was starting to reach night time...she was getting worried.

As if on cue, she heard the front door slam open.

"I need a drink." He called out to Husk, slouching on one of the bar stools. "The hardest you can make."

Husk set down a cup, pouring liquor into it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lute got up from the couch and sat next to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine toots, you don't gotta worry about me." He gave her a fake smile.

"You look like shit." Husk spoke up, crossing his arms.

"Guys I'm fine!" Angel huffed, downing his drink. "And I said, make a strong one!" He slammed the cup back on the table.

"Excuse me?" Husk asked, "I didn't realize this was a 'drinking to forget' kind of night.."

"I forgot that you're a wise, old bartender who's heard and seen all!.....Go fuck yourself and pour me a real drink." 

Husk sighed, he thought Angel had learned from this. "Look, Angie, we've been over this. You won't find comfort at the bottom of a bottle."

"Hm...you might be right!" Angel started, "But I know a way to solve my problems~" He got closer to Lute, who scooted back a little.

"Fucking-....Angel!"

Angel Dust snapped to look at Husk.

"Drop. the. act! You know it doesn't work on me, and I'm sure it doesn't work on her!"

"It's not an act!" Angel protested.

Lute watched as the two fight, fiddling with her name tag to not bring attention to herself.

"You're a fucking asshole!" He slammed his hands on the table, causing Lute to jump.

"Angel just-" Husk started.

"No! I thought you finally understood me but I guess I was wrong!" Angel rushed off to his room.

"Angel wait!-" Lute ran after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey.." Lute spoke softly, knocking on Angel's door.

"Leave me alone, asshole!" Angel shouted through the door.

Lute sighed, sitting against the door.

"So things look bad,and your back is against the wall," she sang. "You're whole existence seems....hopeless. You're feeling filthy as a divebar bathroom stall, can't face the world sober and dopeless..."

She could hear sniffing.

"You've lost your way, you think your life is wrecked."

She paused to give dramatic effect.

"Well let me just say....you're correct!"

...

"Wait, what?" Angel let out, his voice shaky.

She giggled.

"You're a loser, baby. A loser goddamn baby, a fucked up little whiny bitch."

"Hey!-"

"You're a loser just like me." She smiled.

"Thanks, bitch."

"You're a screw's loze boozer, an only one star reviewer. You're a power bottom at rock bottom, but you've got company!"

"Is this supposed to make me feel better?" He snapped.

"There was a time I thought that no one could relate to the gruesome ways in which I'm damaged.." 

She sighed, then continued. 

"But letting walls down, it can sometimes set you straight! We're all living in the same shit sandwich!"

"I sold my soul to a psychopathic freak.." He mumbled, although he sounded a lot closer then before, maybe he was sitting against the other side of the door?

"And you think that makes you unique?" She chuckled. "Get outta here, man! We're in hell!"

"We're both losers, baby. We're losers, it's okay to be a-" She cut herself off to give Angel room to say something.

There was a pause. "Oh, it's my turn-" He cleared his throat. "It's okay to be a coked-up, dick-suckin' ho?"

"Well, that's fine by me!"

"I'm a loser, honey. A schmoozer and a dummy! But at least I know I'm not alone!" He sounded a lot happier then before.

"You're a loser, just like me." They sang together.

"You're a loser, baby" Angel started by himself again.

"A loser, but just maybe if we..." She cut herself off again.

"Eat shit together, things will end up differently." They harmonized.

"It's time to lose your self-loathin'..." Lute sang on her own while Angel sang on a 'oooo'.

"Excuse yourself, let hope in. Play your card, be who you are."

"A loser, just like me." Angel joined back to sing with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door unlocked and Lute stumbled over.

"Ow-"

Angel chuckled, helping her up. "Falling for me already, toots? It's only been 3 weeks."

She huffed, dusting herself off. "You wish."

"Hmmmm...nah. Only if you had money." He shrugged.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. "I need to get something in town, want anything?"

"Are you sure you want to go alone? After what happened with Val-"

"I'll be fine don't worry." She shut down.

"Well....okay." He shrugged again.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"After that dumb song, yeah, I think so." He smiled. "Anyway, shoo shoo. Get going." He swatted his hands away toward her.

"Fine, fine!" She huffed.

She ran by her room to grab something...a knife and shoved it in her pocket.

She was ready to kill a bitch.