A gift and a sister figure.₀₉

-It would be a week before training started and Lute was more and more excited for it as days went on

-It would be a week before training started and Lute was more and more excited for it as days went on. She could finally put her rage and sadness into something...useful.

Honestly, with how much the others seemed to worry about Lute, they didn't seem to notice her missing vest and tie. She was happy about that at least!

A loud knocking made her fall off of her bed.

"LUTE!!!" Lucifer called out.

Lute ran over to the door in a panic. "What?!"

"Hey! Hello! How are you?" He smiled.

Lute sighed.

"I was better before I fell off of my bed, Mr. MorningStar."

"Oh..." He blinked, "Sorry about that-"

"It's okay, is that all you wanted?" She rubbed her head.

"No! Me and the others have a surprise for you! Follow me!"

"Okay?"

Lute followed Lucifer down the stairs to the main hall.

"Sooo!!" Lucifer pointed to a box wrapped with ribbon. "We thought since you've been helping us, we could get you a little something!"

Lute stared at the box. "Can I open it?"

"Go for it." Vaggie stood next to Lute, hands on her hips.

Lute began to unwrap the box. She took the lid off, and looked inside.

...

Oh my...

It was a prosthetic arm...

"No way.."

"Yes way, my dear!" Alastor adjusted his bow.

Lute took the arm out of the box and attached it to the nub on her left shoulder. She began to move it around. It took a few tries but she finally got the hang of it.

"You guys..." She began to cry.

Lute couldn't believe her eyes. Tears welled up as she stared at the prosthetic arm in awe. She felt a warmth spread through her chest, a mixture of gratitude and surprise. The others must have seen the shock on her face because they all began to chatter nervously. She glanced around, taking in each of their faces, each one filled with a genuine smile.

"Thank you," she managed to whisper, her voice cracking. "I... I never expected this."

"You deserve it, Lute," Vaggie said, clapping her hands together. "You've been through so much, and you've helped us in ways you can't even begin to understand."

Lucifer nodded in agreement. "We're family, after all. We take care of our own."