Then Heaven Must Be A Lie.₁₃

-It's a chilly night in the Hazbin Hotel. The wind howls like a pack of wolves, rattling the old, creaky windows and sending shivers down the spines of its residents. 

Inside, Lute glances at the clock for what seems like the hundredth time tonight, her eyes wide with anticipation and dread. Tomorrow is extermination day, and she knows that this time, it might be the end for them all.

As if sensing her unease, Alastor, the radio demon, pokes his head into her room. "Everything alright, dear?" he asks.

She sighs, running a hand through her hair. "Oh, hi Alastor. I was just...thinking about tomorrow, you know?" Her voice trails off, and he steps inside, closing the door behind him.

 He walks over to her, offering a comforting smile.

"It's going to be alright, Lute. We've faced this day before, and we'll get through it again. We're a family, after all," Alastor says. He walks over to her and embraces her, his warmth contrasting with the chill in the air. 

She leans into him, taking comfort in his familiar scent and the safety she feels in his arms. "No matter what happens, I'll always be here for you, okay?"

Lute nods, still unsure. "I know. It's just...I can't help but feel like this time might be different. Like they're finally going to succeed in getting rid of us." She looks up at him, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"Then we'll just have to make sure that we give them a run for their money, won't we?" He smiles reassuringly, his fangs glinting in the dim light. "We'll show them that we're not going down without a fight."

She smiles back, feeling a little bit of her old determination return. "Yeah. We'll give them hell, won't we?" They share a laugh, one that feels forced at first but gradually becomes more genuine.

 As they stand there together, Lute can't help but feel grateful for Alastor, and for all of the other residents of the Hazbin Hotel. They might be a motley crew, but they were all she had, and she wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

"Okay, you two," interrupts a familiar voice. It's Vaggie, leaning against the doorframe. "You're starting to melt my makeup with all that emoting. Now's not the time to get sentimental. We've got an extermination to win." 

 "You're right, Vaggie," Lute says, straightening her back and trying to steady her breath. "We've got to stay strong. We can do this."