✨ [Character Introduction] ✨

Alright, let's talk about the characters for a bit. So, in this book, we've got a BUNCH of them. And I'm just gonna focus on the ones whose perspectives and backstories we're really gonna get into. So, this chapter is gonna give you the lowdown on each of them. Fair warning though, not everyone gets the same amount of spotlight (though, really, that's just how it goes sometimes). That being said, think of this page more like a sneak peek into each character's story rather than a full-on spoiler.

*****

MEN OF THE HOUR

1. Samuel Adinata Hopkins:
An English literature student at Hoovensguaard University, Samuel has anger issues rooted in his turbulent upbringing. Sold by his orphanage to a local gang in his youth, he was saved and later adopted by his step-parents while still in Indonesia before relocating to the United States, where chaos deepened. One thing led to another, and his stepmother succumbed to alcoholism, while his stepfather's American dream crumbled (their backstories soon and I genuinely can't wait to write their chapter.......). Now, standing on the threshold of a fresh start after spending two-year gaps to earn a scholarship and bury the past, the once-unmotivated smoker Birman cat seeks refuge in the harmonies of music, the resonance of poetry, and gazing at stars or city lights. However, it is easy for someone to ruin his peace: talk him down, or just remind him of who he was and where he came from. Guaranteed, his fist will surely land on their face. That is before he attempts to stop his annoying panic attack away from the crowds.

2. Tyson Lachlan Bowyers:
An aspiring law student, Tyson was once Samuel's inseparable companion, then high school bully, and now finds himself navigating a murky sea of ambiguity regarding their friendship. Friends Close Friends? Best friends? Who knows. Whether they're on the path to becoming best buds again or simply maintaining an uneasy truce, the Bengal tiger remains grateful that Samuel is willing to give him another shot. Despite his formidable presence on the football field, Tyson's heart is surprisingly tender when it comes to personal connections. While projecting an image of perfection, Tyson's parents, prominent figures in their respective fields, are ironically on the brink of divorce behind closed doors. Tyson's passions include sports, pumping iron, cherishing his friends (old and newfound), enduring familial ties, and, of course, the girls. Obviously. Yeah.

*****

THE RIGHT-HAND MEN

3. Matthew Everett Langdon:
Samuel's ever-present roommate, chatty Matty wishes he pursued psychology instead of law. Two years younger than Samuel, the extroverted nosy Golden Retriever constantly shies away from the first signs of conflict, haunted by his fear of abandonment fueled by his single mother's constant absence from work (whose job is unknown for now, hehe...). Seeking solace in human connection, he often craves the primal need for connection, sometimes through sexual encounters, viewing them as a means to ease his insecurities, all the while justifying his actions through the lens of "sex-positivity." He knows he should go to a psychologist. But anyway, he loves keeping himself fit, being loud, and rummaging through Samuel's belongings. Other than those, he loves his friends (more than he loves himself) and is a metalhead.

4. Foster Brinn Springer:
Ironically the calmest one between Tyson and himself, Foster endured his share of high school bullying like Samuel, a topic he skirts even with his closest friend. Intrinsically introverted, Foster harbors a deep-seated aversion to bullies. Since his freshman days alongside Tyson, he's been hitting the weights, using his physique as a shield to conceal the emotional scars left by his tormentors. Every aspect of Foster, from his demeanor and speech to his choice of attire, serves as a carefully crafted facade aimed at warding off any reminder of his past suffering: the loser that he was. Despite finding solace within his one-hand-countable circle of friends, Foster remains acutely self-aware, his passion for journalism contrasting sharply with his lukewarm feelings toward the field of law, a realm where he begrudgingly excels. He loves doing anything but his thesis.