[38]: Crime Scene

Jungkook opens the front door.

He doesn't have time to knock.

He damn near kicks it down.

The door flies open and he jumps inside, covered in sweat. His eyes scan for you as soon as he enters the room. He finds you like a magnet finds its pair, and the terror in his skin instantly gets so much worse.

You are sitting at the bench, not even looking at him.

"I'm sorry..." you whisper mostly to yourself, looking off to the distance. "I didn't know who else to call."

Jungkook's mouth goes dry with dread. He takes a step inside. He would have never expected to walk in on this. He doesn't know what to do.

You're completely covered in blood.

Is it all yours? Where is it coming from? Is it still bleeding? How did it happen? Jungkook can feel his heartbeat in his throat.

He takes another step, shock slowing his movements down. "Y/N? What-"

Very slowly, your eyes move across the room until they land on him. Your hands are shaking in your lap and of course Jungkook notices.

You look at him, and you don't say a word.

You look almost lifeless. No fear, or sadness or any notable emotion is on your face. It's just...blank.

Jungkook walks over to you.

"Is that-" his hands are shaking now, as they rise up to touch your face, but they stop in mid air. "Who's blood...Y/N-"

You look down into your lap.

Seeing you like this almost brings him to tears.

He can't stand it. You're so shaken up you can't talk, and he has no idea what has happened. You're covered in blood but appear to be breathing, and you're shaking like an electric toothbrush. You look like you've just seen a ghost, and he has no fucking clue why. A million questions are taking over him, making it hard to be rational.

But he has to try.

"Darling, talk to me. I need you to tell me what-"

"Him."

Your voice is so airy and broken and soft that Jungkook wants to wrap it in a bow. He thinks it's too soft for this world.

Jungkook looks across the room to see the man lying lifeless on the living room floor.

He's nothing but a lump of flesh surrounded by a halo of blood.

"Y/N..." the theories start to colour his mind red.

"I...didn't...have a choice."

Immediately, Jungkook softens. Every question melts away into the void as he realises how unimportant it all is. His eyebrows drop, his arms loosen, his eyes become welcoming.

All that matters right now, is you.

"Oh, God, baby," he realises what he thinks has happened and his arms come to wrap around you. "Oh, i'm so sorry."

You close your eyes and let your head fall against his chest. Your knees are weak and now your shoulders give in as you collapse into him.

The sobs start to come out.

You're too weak to hold them back.

"You're okay, baby, it's okay." Jungkook can't fathom the atrocities that had just taken place in here. He cannot begin to imagine what you're feeling right now.