Chapter 47 - Gift

Welcome friends
New update

If you like the story then please vote, comment and share
Follow me on Instagram and stck.me
Instagram account - loner_246
Link in bio 🔗
Enjoy your reading.

______________________________________

Chapter 47 - Gift

At penthouse

They are still sitting on a reclining sofa, which is placed in front of a huge glass wall where they can see the city light up.

They are sharing a comfortable silence. That time, Shreyansh asked her, "Do you want to go.. "

But Shree cut him in midway.

"No, Ansh, I don't want to go anywhere.Can we stay for some time?"

"Hmm"

"Ansh, I am sorry I said anything wrong. I was in the right mood; I didn't mean that. Please forgive me."

"Shree, you have all rights over me to say anything you want, okay? Don't worry, and first we are friends, then anything else. So don't feel sorry,ok." He replied to her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Thank you, Ansh, for understanding me."

"Tumhen main nahin samjhunga to kaun samjhega, aur mere hone ka kya fayda phir."

("If I don't understand you then who will, and then what is the use of my existence.")

She responded with a "hmm," resting her head on his shoulder and holding his arm since she felt so touched.

After a few minutes of silence, she felt so comfortable to share anything she wanted since she knew she was in the right place.

"Do you know why I agreed to get engaged when I had no idea with whom I would get engaged?" she mentioned.

He keeps listening to her even if he is unsure of what she is exactly saying, knowing that she agreed because of her parents' memories.

"You know what Ansh, When they assure you that they will give you the happiness you have been longing for, you are willing to do whatever it takes."

And she further said, "My aunty did the same thing; she told me that she would give me my parent's memory if I married the boy they'd chosen for me. She knew how desperate I was for this, and she took advantage of that. I didn't have the option to do anything at that time to engage that boy.Why are they punishing me this way when I haven't done anything wrong? I am not aware."

A single tear escaped her eye while she was speaking. On his shoulder, Shreyansh sensed that.

Putting his arm around her shoulder right away, he drew her closer to him.

He gave her a kiss on the top of the head and added, "You can cry all you want today, but starting tomorrow, I'll make sure you never cry."

His hand, which was resting on her shoulder, started pampering her head. Her eyes gradually started to well up with tears as she listened to him.

"I miss my parents every day," she continued.

"Although my parents are gone, there have been moments when I've wondered what my life would be like if they were with me."

"All things heal with time, except for parent loss. Time is not going to repair this. Although the outside of us appears normal, the inside of us is completely broken."

Rather than holding her back, he allowed her to cry because he wanted her to express her pain.

"Don't worry, you will get more love than anyone gets," he reassured her.
"I'm here, ok."