Chapter Thirteen : New Look

After that scenario earlier, Jisung wasn’t so sure if he feels irritated or happy of what he had seen at that moment. He knew Seungmin liked Hyunjin ever since before but then he doesn’t like seeing them being too close together. Not because he’s jealous of them or whatever but he knows that Hyunjin still loves Yeonjun and Seungmin is just wasting his time for the other. It’s not quite fair at all. He still would love Hyunjin to be with Yeonjun again that’s why he granted Yeonjun’s wish to give Hyunjin’s number to him. That way they could have communication so Hyunjin would be happy rather than be sad like he used to.

“Seung, can we talk?” Jisung asked once he saw Seungmin passed through the kitchen door into the backyard. His eyes were glued on Hyunjin who was sitting on one of the chairs while chatting with Minho who has just finished doing some kind of exercise Jisung doesn’t really get.

Seungmin turned around to face him though and gave him a nod of acknowledgement. He took another sip from his drink and sat down next to Jisung. He looked around a bit before finally saying something, “What’s up?” Seungmin replied in between sips of his drink. Jisung sighed loudly and closed his eyes. “You know what’s up.”

Seungmin furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly to the side. “What were you doing? You do know Hyunjin still loves Yeonjunnie so why were you trying your best to make a move on him?”

Jisung paused after he said those words and waited for Seungmin to answer but apparently there’s no answer to his question. “I mean yeah I thought that the reason behind the way you are acting lately might be about Hyunjin but I think it’s better to ask you directly. Are you still in love with him or something?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Seungmin asked and let out a sigh after saying that.
Jisung couldn’t help but let his eyes widen as the statement registered itself in his brain.

“Seungmin please, if you’re gonna try to confess to him again..please don’t. Hyunjin still loves his man so don’t make this harder for him.

Don’t make everything complicated for the three of you.” Seungmin didn’t respond which meant he had heard what Jisung just said. Jisung stood up slowly and made his way towards the backdoor where he heard Hyunjin’s voice. “Go confess to Jisung already, you dumbass!” He heard Hyunjin shouting before hearing a laugh coming from Minho. What are they talking about?
And then without another word, Jisung left the kitchen and headed to check on Minho.

Meanwhile Seungmin was left behind, sitting alone on the chair, lost in thoughts. Maybe he’d been thinking a little too hard about it. After what Jisung said, maybe he did feel some sort of way towards Hyunjin but he knows it’s not going anywhere. They were best friends and nothing will happen because of it even if Hyunjin does like Yeonjun.

But still. He had to confess soon as possible. If it was up to him, he never wants to see Hyunjin in pain because he doesn’t know how much longer he can endure seeing him hurt so bad by Yeonjun. Seungmin had known Hyunjin ever since they were little kids; even before Hyunjin met Yeonjun. The two of them are practically inseparable now and the only thing Seungmin needs was Hyunjin to be happy. So right now that’s the only thing that matters, he needed to confess to Hyunjin. No matter what the results will be.

He sighed deeply and put his cup of coffee on the table. He didn’t bother drinking more of it as the caffeine is probably going to be the last thing that he consumes today. He stands up and makes his way towards the entrance of the backyard but then stopped when he saw Hyunjin coming inside.

Seungmin averted his gaze and pretended to look at the flowers instead. As much as he tried, he didn’t manage to stop himself staring at the older boy every couple seconds.