Chapter Twenty-Seven : Bye For Now

“Are you sure you will be okay?” asked Beomgyu once they’re gotten out of the cab.

Him and Felix were now in the airport security line, waiting for them to pass security so that Felix could get his passport and his tickets. The older male looked at his friend, a small smile gracing his lips. “I’ll be okay, thank you for worrying. And besides, you have a party to attend to today. I was just sad I can’t go since..” he trailed off with a slight frown. He didn’t feel like talking about it.

Felix had told Beomgyu everything about his grandfather passing away yesterday night. He had cried throughout the whole story.

Beomgyu was a good friend who comforted him when all the elder had done was cry on his bed while he was packing his bags. They had ended up spending the evening just watching TV together and Felix fell asleep in Beomgyu’s embrace.

He remembered waking up to a bright morning light seeping through his curtains. His head hurt from crying too much last night and he couldn’t remember anything else besides the painful memories he held dear. But now he was here, standing in front of security with his best friend.

Beomgyu patted him lightly on the back, trying to console Felix. “It's okay. I hope everything goes well for you though. I will miss you.”
Felix returned his hand patting to the younger’s, giving a soft smile. “I will miss you too.”

Beomgyu smiled back at him and the two moved forward into the line. The security officer scanned their tickets before handing them over, then gesturing for them to follow him back to where they could get the passport stamps. It took forever, and Felix wished he could go already.

Once he got his passport, he turned to face Beomgyu once more. “I think it’s time for me to go. Take care driving on your way back, I promise I will be back soon as possible.” He gave one more quick hug, then started making his way down the hallway. He waved goodbye as he walked farther and farther away until he couldn’t be seen anymore.

Beomgyu watched him leave, then walked away himself to get out of the airport. Once he reached the sidewalk, a black Lamborghini stopped in front of him, a familiar face peering inside. It was Hyunjin. A confused expression was plastered onto his face. “Beomgyu?”

The younger male jumped a little bit at seeing his friend. He was surprised to see him but wasn’t quite sure how to react. So he smiled at the dark haired male awkwardly. “Hi hyung. What are you doing here?”

“I’m the one who supposed to be asking you that.” Hyunjin said, tilting his head to look at his friend with raised brows. “Where are you going at this hour? You do know it’s too hot outside.”

“Um..well I brought Felix to the airport earlier. He’s going back to Australia today.” Beomgyu explained hesitantly.

Hyunjin’s eyes widened in surprise. “He is? I thought he will attend the reunion party with me later tonight.”

“Oh, he probably forgot to mention that his grandfather just died yesterday that’s why.” Beomgyu admitted. Hyunjin frowned. “That sucks. Poor guy. Do you want me to drive you back home, Gyu?” Hyunjin questioned as he reached a hand over to the passenger seat, ready to open the passenger door.

“Well, since you’re already here, I couldn’t say no.” The younger male said as he got in. He put on his seatbelt and looked over to his left, meeting Hyunjin’s deep brown eyes. “You can still try to talk to Felix before he leaves eventually. I think he’s still waiting until the plane boarding time so if you ask now you might catch him there.”

“What for, anyway?”
“To say goodbye at least. I know you guys are hanging out and were friends now too.” Beomgyu replied honestly.

Hyunjin didn’t seem too bothered by what he was saying, and just shrugged in agreement. The two of them continued chatting for the short trip. When they finally made it back to the airport, Hyunjin parked the car near in front and quickly stepped out so that he could go inside and chase Felix. Beomgyu waited a few minutes longer then followed suit.