Chapter Eight : Ex - Lovers

It was a nice day hanging out at an open cafe today. Yeonjun decides to bring his friends over for a coffee an hour later after he's done paying the manager the exact amount of money he owes them. Thankfully, it was settled down immediately, so he had no trouble returning back to the hotel. He hadn't planned on being here much longer anyways. Well, only because he wanted to visit his parents right after spending time with Beomgyu and Felix today.

"I didn't need to ask who's on it today." Yeonjun started, as he eyed Beomgyu with an eyebrow raised, "You have to pay me back for causing me trouble earlier, Gyu."

Beomgyu rolled his eyes in response before reaching for his wallet in his pockets but then his best friend stopped him mid motion by placing a hand over the other's wrist.

"But I didn't say for you to pay me back right away. I would let this slide for now, at least. You can save up once you have time, okay? You're lucky I'm such in a good mood today so don't worry about that for now." Yeonjun explained, releasing Beomgyu from his hold. The latter nodded in understanding, smiling in gratitude at his friend.

Yeonjun smiled back, patting his back affectionately. "Yeah, yeah, you're welcome. Now go order us our drinks, I missed having my favourite iced americano." Beomgyu laughed, standing up from where he sat across from his friend, ready to head for the counter.

Yeonjun stayed behind with Felix, casually scrolling through Twitter on his phone while he waited patiently for Beomgyu to return.
"I've been thinking..." Felix began as soon as Beomgyu left the table. His words caught Yeonjun's attention straightaway and he quickly shut his cell phone off to give his full attention to the conversation. "Yes?"

"How did you and Soobin meet?"
The question caught Yeonjun off guard. That came out of nowhere. In a way, though he expected Felix to ask that, the answer seemed rather sudden.

And even stranger still since he has never told Felix anything about himself or with his relationship with Soobin. "Oh, we met in Europe.
Basically started as roommates there because we both lived in a boarding house during our college days."
Felix tilted his head slightly in curiosity. "Oh, I see."

"Yup, we're both into music course. Took dance classes together and stuff." Yeonjun continued with the story, not really sure of why this conversation is taking place at all. But it made sense; because this man right in front of him is also close with his boyfriend.

They were childhood friends as Felix mentioned last time. But how come Soobin never mentioned Felix to him if they were that close?
"You've mentioned, you've known Soobin since you were like, little kids, right?" He asked slowly, leaning forward on the table slightly. His eyes showed clear interest and it wasn't something out of the ordinary. Yeonjun just doesn't know what could possibly be going through his mind now.

Felix nodded, seemingly getting more comfortable and more talkative. "Yes, we have known each other since childhood. Well, used to be. But we lost contact on each other right after he moved in Europe with his family. And I decide to continue studying while in Australia as well so..kind of a long story hehe." He chuckled lightly at himself. It was amusing to watch him talk and Yeonjun found himself relaxing against the chair.

Felix wasn't so bad to hang around, after all.
As the two of them continued talking, Yeonjun noticed the waitress coming their way with a big tray filled with coffees and croissants. She set the plate down in front of Felix first before moving on to Yeonjun. The brunette thanked her with a smile, looking forward to the coffee after being deprived for quite some time. The woman simply nodded and walked away.

Once she was gone, Yeonjun took a sip of his coffee and looked back at Felix with interest. "Now I see why Soobin probably forgot to mention you. I mean, he always tell me stories about his other friends here and stuff like that..but he never did mention your name once to me. Can you at least tell me why? Out of curiosity."