Chapter Twenty-Six : Pack Up

A hot bath does sound good enough when you’re that stress the whole day, going back and fro in every places just to prepare for this so called ‘family reunion’. To be honest, the party doesn’t really matter to him at all but as long as he makes his parents happy it would be wonderful too. Good thing he went to the mall with Soobin and shop some clothes, dye his hair blonde, buy some accessories that he needs and so on. He wouldn’t have done all of that if Soobin isn’t with him. It was only fair considering the other man bought him something nice to wear too.

So, when he got home, all he need to do is to rest and have a long shower. Afterward he could relax with food and movies until he was tired for the day. That’s what Yeonjun wanted. That’s what all he wanted. He was trying to keep himself occupied  so he didn’t think about anything else than himself.

The sound of the running water snapped Yeonjun out of his reverie. He was leaning against the sink, staring blankly at the mirror which reflected his face, his messy hair, and pale skin. He noticed the bruises all over his arms and the hickies all over his neck and collarbones. A lot of them were dark red and purple from how much Soobin must’ve bitten them.

“He must’ve missed me that much.” He let out a small sigh, before shaking off any remaining drowsiness and step into the shower. He started humming to himself as he washed. As he rinsed the shampoo off his hair he continued singing softly, thinking back about Soobin, smiling slightly. The image came back when he felt the hot water hit him right below the waist. He couldn’t help the shiver when he felt the cold air brush his skin, his body instinctively reacting by closing its muscles tight. He took a deep breath before pushing the thought away for a moment as he turned the water off. He stepped out of the shower, wrapped a fluffy towel around himself, and throwing his clothes off the laundry basket. Once he stepped out of the bathroom he grabbed another towel from the cupboard and went straight to the bedroom. The sun has set up so he needed to hurry up with getting ready.

He opened the door of the closet and picked up his black shirt and black shorts. When he put everything on, he made sure not to walk too fast so it won’t fall of his shoulders too much. He checked his phone one last time for any notifications. There wasn’t anything new though so he slipped out his room silently while heading down the stairs.

His mother had left the house again since she needed to go shopping, only the servants are here. He walked into the kitchen where he found his meal being set at the dining table along with a glass of orange juice. It’s still cold, so he poured it into his own glass. He drank half of it before digging in.

———
Soobin were cooking dinner tonight. It was supposed to be easy, just a simple dish with some vegetables that he managed to find in the mart.

But his mind wandered to Yeonjun more and more as his concentration faltered. It took some time for him to remember what he was cooking. He tried to push those thoughts away when he saw a shadow in the corner of his eye. When he turned his head he caught sight of Felix coming towards him. With an annoyed frown, Soobin looked back at his stove before giving him a questioning stare.

Felix stood beside him as the other opened the cupboards to get some utensils and cutlery out. He said nothing until Soobin cleared his throat.

“How..how long have you been living in the same roof with Beomgyu?” Soobin asked, trying to make conversation without making any eye contact with the shorter.
“About six months ago...when I came back from Australia. Why?” Felix answered, looking confused. “Why do you ask?”

Sighing defeatedly, Soobin shook his head as he turned the stove off and wiped his hands on his pants. It’s better to tell him than keeping it to himself. “Nothing, it was surprising to see that you were also close to Beomgyu.”