Chapter Twenty-Eight : Lucky To Have You

Later that day, Yeonjun is standing in front of his full-length mirror, trying to stay still as the stylist moves around him.  They are measuring his waistline and making last minute corrections for his new attire, but they're talking about something else right now, which is probably just as well.

Everybody are excited for tonight’s party and so is he, but he's kind of nervous too, because it has been awhile since his family had a social occasion like this. He never knew what to expect from these kinds of gatherings, so he is glad to have the whole family here with him today, but he also wonders if he can handle all the attention and excitement at once. And he hopes that he doesn't look too bad in the suit, because it's not everyday you find yourself wearing a tuxedo.

Yeonjun sighed, trying to ease the tension that was forming in his shoulders. "Looks great on you.” said the stylist behind him. “Your mother would be proud." Yeonjun smiled at their compliment, then turned around to face the reflection of himself in the mirror again.

“Thank you, it does look great on me.” He said absentmindedly before turning back around. The stylists were busy with putting finishing touches on Yeonjun’s appearance, so he was alone in the dressing room for a few minutes while they put together a few final details on the outfit. After an hour of this, the door of the small room opened. There stood his mom in her robe, looking radiant even though she hadn't gotten enough sleep lately because of work. He walked up to her and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back without hesitation. "Hi Mom," he said after pulling away, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Did you sleep?"

She shook her head no. "I couldn't get any rest, I’m excited.” A smile appeared on her face, and she ruffled Yeonjun's hair fondly before letting go of him again. "You look very handsome, dear.” Yeonjun chuckled, running a hand through his hair self consciously.

“I think I've seen it multiple times before.” He joked, although truthfully, the suit really did suit him well, especially paired with those dark black shoes he wore. It was quite a striking combination. His mother laughed, too. “How nice.” she said in between laughs before walking over to the window. She peeks out and looks around, eyes widening when she sees a figure of a tall man standing near their car. She recognized the man as Soobin. The boy has a huge bouquet of red roses in his hands, his usual signature smile plastered across his face. “Oh. I think I gotta go see someone first! Be right back,” she excused herself, heading for the door. Yeonjun waved goodbye.

Once his mother left, Yeonjun decided to take some rest in the couch, and got comfy on it, closing his eyes to try and get some much needed shut eye. However, before he could fully relax, the door to the dressing room swung open. “Yeonjun, darling…” he opened one of his eyes just to see his mother standing in front of the couch. “There’s someone is looking for you.” she told him.
Yeonjun’s eyes widened slightly and he sat up. “Who is it?”

His mother gave him an enigmatic smile and then turned away to call the person out. “Come in,” she called, and the sound of heels clicking against the floor came closer and closer until Yeonjun could make out the man’s figure from behind his mother's shoulder. “Soobinnie!” he exclaimed, jumping off the couch and rushing towards the other man. Soobin greeted him with a hug when he reached him . "What are you doing here?"

"I wanna surprise you,” Soobin explained, wrapping his arms around Yeonjun and hugging him tight. Yeonjun hugged him back, feeling his chest fill with warmth, just a little bit of anxiety starting to dissipate.

  When they finally pulled apart, Soobin handed him the flowers, holding them up so that Yeonjun could admire the beautiful color and delicate scent of them. “This is for me?” he asked.  Soobin nodded, grinning widely at Yeonjun. Yeonjun grinned back, feeling overwhelmed.