Chapter 18 (The Case)

Raden was sitting peacefully on his chair, he just got done with another case. Then he got an unexpected phone call from the chief of the department.

"Hey chief what do you need?" asked Raden

"There is a new case that I need you to get on" The Chief said.

"Ok what is the case details" Raden asked

"Well apparently there is some duo burning down villages. They have been doing this for a while, but this is our first-time hearing of it. Because the people who saw them was killed later that day." said the chief.

"Well damn okay chief I will get right on that" Raden said.

"Okay call me when you update on the case," said the chief.

Raden then hung up the phone, then looked to the side and grabbed his suitcase. Raiden then walked outside to get some fresh air, but suddenly a scream broke his train of thought, he rushed towards where he heard the scream. To Raiden surprise, he saw a bloody body on the floor.

Raden then summons his griffin to scan the area from above. While the griffin was scanning the area, Raiden was checking on the person on the ground, he checked the person's pulse, but they were already dead. The griffin comes down from the air, and Raiden asked, "Did you find anything."

"No" the griffin said.

Raden then sticks his fingers in the blood of the body and draws this weird looking symbol on the ground.

Raden then sits in the middle of the symbol; he then chants something. Suddenly a portal opened, and a giant red and bloody hand grab the body and drag into the portal. The griffin was a bit startled by the giant hand, Raiden went to calm the griffin down. After calming down the griffin, he started to make his way to the far water village. Meanwhile Malachi and Rose just got done with burning down a village.

"Well time for the next village" Malachi said.

"Yea it's time for the far water village," said Rose.

The two started to make their way to the village, but Malachi suddenly turned around, he had this weird feel of been followed.

"Malachi what's wrong" Rose said.

"Nothing" said Malachi

Malachi was certain they were being followed, but he decided to brush it off. As Rose and Malachi arrived at the gate of the Far Water Village, they spotted Aiden there. Suddenly, Rose used her fire manipulation to create two fire blades. She threw one at Aiden. Aiden, expecting the attack, blocked it using his water manipulation.

"What are y'all doing here?" Aiden asked.

Malachi suddenly rushed towards Aiden, catching him off guard, though Aiden smiled. That's when Cyra shot a giant fireball at Aiden, but he found himself unable to move for some reason. Every attempt to move felt futile; it was as if he were trapped in his own body. It turned out that Malachi had cast an Immobility spell on Aiden. Malachi then jumped back and watched as the fireball struck Aiden. Rose followed up by trapping Aiden in a box made of rocks.

That's when Cale descended from the air and sliced the rock open with water. Then Cale employed a technique called Torrential Rain. Torrential Rain involves summoning heavy rainfall or creating localized downpours, which can obscure vision, flood area, or provide hydration in arid environments. Cale summoned it to cover Malachi, and Rose then Aiden followed it up by freezing them with a technique called Frost Nova. Frost Nova: Unleashing a powerful burst of icy energy that freezes everything in its vicinity, immobilizing opponents and creating a chilling shockwave.