Captain & the Security

Security around the castle grew tight days after the attack. Eddie and his friends were often escorted by one of the fellow Elestelian soldiers, and it was none other than the Captain. Eddie could sense the Captain glaring at him as he wanted to visit Alisha from time to time. It was natural for a Captain to be protective of the royal family as well as the rest of the staff members of the castle. However, he couldn't help but feel as if there was something more to it than that.

The soldiers were stationed everywhere. There were soldiers outside of rooms and there was one patrolling at every window. For more enclosed rooms, the doors were left open.

Eddie felt more and more uncomfortable with the Captain watching and following him everywhere. There was no sense of privacy anywhere in the castle. Even when he was alone without his friends, the Captain kept a strong gaze on him. Heck, he couldn't even feel alone when he was using the bath, feeling the Captain's gaze as if he was seeing right through the doors, which brought him VERY much discomfort. Eddie wasn't exactly sure how much longer he could keep this up, enduring this almost literal-piercing gaze, as if four days wasn't enough. Not to mention, still no reports on Alisha's well-being, which probably made this feeling he feel even worse.

"Hey, kid?" Shoutmon asked, with a blank, yet bored-appearing expression on his face, as they sat at the table in the dining hall.

"Yes?" Eddie responded, with an equally blank, yet uncomfortable look.

"I'm not sure just how much longer I can keep this up. At this point, I'm 'boutta explode, almost like Rilys is about to right here." He answered, looking at poor Rilys, fur all matted and eyes practically cross-eyed and frantic as if he had nearly overdosed on coffee. "Poor ape looks like he's spent months of no sleep running from wolves. Imagine how much worse we might end up lookin'. Ya gotta do something!"

"I don't know what you want me to do," Eddie replied panically. "It's not like he's just gonna leave me alone if I ask nicely." He then turned his head slightly, to see the Captain just looking down at him as he had his meal, never breaking contact. "Plus, This man has been keeping his eyes on me this entire time, and I have yet to hear him speak, let alone SLEEP. I am convinced he must be some kind of Golem-war machine or something."

"Well, you better find out or something, because I'm not sure poor Rilys here, nor even I, can hold on much longer. I can't recall the last time anyone ever watched me THIS intensely– and for this long– without any response, like some savage hunter preying on his next morsel." The very thought of his description made Shoutmon shiver and groan with unpleasantry.

As they contemplated their dilemma, Eddie lost focus and ended up fidgeting with his fork, causing it to fly out his hand by accident, bouncing off the table and onto the ground, landing right next to the Captain's thick steel boot. Eddie felt terrified at the very idea of looking up at the captain for his reaction. However, out of mere instinct, developed from years of terror and abuse, he couldn't help himself and did the worst thing he and his friends thought he could do at this given time: he looked directly up at the Captain.

As soon as he did, he immediately met the glaring and icy gaze of the 7-foot-tall behemoth that was the Captain of the Elestelian Brigade. His eyes an intimidating shade of earthly green, his scar across his face, a terrifying sight to behold (or in this case, to fear). As their gaze met, Eddie couldn't help himself. He ended up letting out a surprising, and quite bizarre/unsettling, squeak from behind closed lips, as if someone had begun deflating the world's tiniest balloon while it was strung to a crying mouse. It even shocked, and nearly made Shoutmon and Rilys laugh. Even the chefs and maids from the kitchen could hear it from the echoey hall.

The Captain simply stared with, what appeared to be, an intimidating glare, which made Eddie shiver even more with fear. He looked as if he was about to pass out. The Captain then stood up from his seat, turned to Eddie, knelt, and grabbed the fork off of the ground, cleaning it off with one of the napkins on the table. He then motioned it toward Eddie, as a way of signaling him to take it, and then he spoke to him.