You'll Protect Me, Right | Michael

Little Ava was tucked into her bed and was sleeping soundly until she heard a loud noise from outside. Panicking slightly, she sat up and looked around. Not seeing anything, she laid back down hesitantly. Another bang came and she jumped from the bed and scrambled out of the room. She padded down the hallway and pushed the door open to her parent's room.

Michael was in a deep sleep, exhausted from a day in the studio, when he felt a small poke on his shoulder, "Daddy?"

His eyes opened slowly to see his four year old daughter standing with her blonde hair in a mess around her face and her pink pajamas pushed up weird on her legs from sleep. He reached down automatically and pulled his little girl into his arms and snuggled her close. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I heard noises," Ava whimpered softly, rubbing her eyes.

"It's okay, baby girl. It was probably the neighbors," He explained in a raspy voice. He kept her body close to his. Ava cuddled into his neck and wrapped her tiny arms around him.

"No, it was a monster, daddy!" She exclaimed in a small voice, careful not to wake her mommy up.

"It wasn't, don't worry," Michael sighed. "Let's get some sleep, yeah?"

"You'll protect me, right, daddy?" She asked, her eyes closed as she was on the verge of sleep.

"Always, baby girl, always."