Shots | Ash

Logan and Liam had to get their two month shots today and Ashton was a nervous wreck. He spent the whole morning pampering the boys and giving them as much love as he could because he felt guilty for what he was soon going to inflict on them.

When it was almost time for you to leave the house, you picked Liam up from the floor. "Ash, will you change Logan?"

Ashton nodded before picking up the pajama clad baby and following you to the nursery. Together, you sat on the floor and put the boys in their matching outfits, something you had a soft spot for.

You settled the boys into their car seats while Ashton packed the diaper bag and the two of you were, soon, set in the car and driving to the doctor's office.

Walking into the office, both babies being held by their daddy, you went to the desk. "Hi, I need to check in Logan and Liam Irwin."

The nurse gave you a warm smile, "Of course, sign their names in here and someone will be with you shortly."

You did as told and then walked to Ash to help him. You plucked Logan from his arms and cooed at the small boy.

Five minutes later, you heard, "Irwin," called into the waiting room. You both stood and followed the nurse, whose name tag says Bree, to a small room. "If you could both sit on the table and pull their right shirt sleeves and I will get their over with as soon as possible."

She quickly rubbed alcohol onto Logan's arm before pinching the needle into his arm. It was over in seconds but Logan let out a loud wail before full on sobbing.

"I can't do this!" Ash whined. He switched babies with you before rushing out of the room with the still crying Logan.

You repeated the process with Liam before heading out to find Ashton. He was pacing the hallway with a now calm baby. The second he saw you, he rushed forward and swapped babies yet again and comforted Liam.

"What happened?" You asked him, rubbing his shoulder softly.

"I couldn't sit there and watch that," He sighed. "It broke my heart."