Babysitter | Ash

Ashton was beyond nervous to leave his boys with a babysitter. He didn't know the girl very well, therefore he didn't trust her enough to leave her with his kids. But you insisted. She had been a babysitter for years, you told him. She could handle the worst.

The morning that she was meant to arrive, Ashton was in a panic. You had already left to go to work, kissing your twin boys and your husband on the way out. You had wrote up a note with everything the babysitter would need to know but Ashton insisted on double checking everything.

He prepared the boys' lunch, fed them breakfast before she got there. He planned on coming home early, too, just in case.

When he heard a knock on the door, he let out a breath. He looked over and the boys were watching their routine morning cartoon.

Opening the door, a young girl stood there. She was probably seventeen and dressed in a tshirt and gym shorts.

"Hi! I'm Katie, you must be Mr. Irwin." She stuck her hand out for him to shake, which he did.

"Hi, come in." He led her into the entry way and she set her bag down. "Come meet the boys."

"This is Liam and Logan," Ashton said, pointing each twin out. They briefly looked up from their show before turning back, their three year old brains too entranced.

"I'll say a proper hello when they aren't busy," The girl laughed. Ashton then led her to the kitchen to show everything she would need to know.

"I've made their lunch, it's in the fridge. They'll just take a seat at the table and you can hand them the plate. Make sure they have something to drink with it, preferably water but they'll try to talk you out of it. This is the snack cabinet, they usually have a snack in about an hour and then after they wake up from their nap. Their nap is at 12:30, should be at least an hour. Do them one at a time. Read one a story while the other plays in the living and lay him to bed. Then you can read the other a story in here and get to him to sleep on the couch. If you want, you can leave him there but we usually carry him to his bed once they're both asleep." Ashton rushed everything out, bouncing around the kitchen as the girl nodded when needed and paid close attention to what he was saying.

"Oh, um, my wife kinda wrote all of that down on this paper in case you forget," Ashton said, nodding to the sheet on the counter.

"Nervous about leaving them?" She asked.

"Just a bit," He admitted, walking back to the living room to say goodbye. He was running late.

"Don't worry, it'll be alright. They'll be okay, kids always are." She said, standing off to the side. Ashton nodded before leaning down scooping Liam up, and then Logan in his other arm.

"Okay, boys, listen. Miss Katie is going to stay here with you while daddy goes to work. You have to listen to her, okay? She has my phone number and will call me if you misbehave." He warned. "I love you. Give me love."

The twins engulfed him in large hugs before letting go and being sat down. They wandered over to Katie and she squatted down to their level just as Ashton headed for the door.

"Hi, I'm Katie!" She smiled at them, holding her hand out. The boys giggled as they shook it.

Throughout the day, Katie sent him and you both pictures of the boys doing random things. They were smiling in every picture, even if they weren't looking at the camera. It made Ashton a lot more at ease seeing his boys doing okay with her.