Changing | Ash

You and Ashton were cuddled up on your hospital bed with your two day old baby laying on Ashton's chest. It was early in the morning now and people would be arriving soon to meet your little boy.

"Hey, Ash?" You asked. "Do you think you can change his outfit? I'm kinda sore."

Ash's eyes grew wide as he looked down at the tiny human snoozing on him. "I could hurt him, babe!"

"You won't, I promise," You assured as he slowly got off the bed and was standing beside it. You watched him from your spot as he got started, he had seen you do it a few times already.

Ashton laid the baby down on the bed beside your feet. He began to unbutton the onesie as a small cry left your baby's mouth at the sudden lack of warmth.

"Aw, baby boy! It's okay, I'll hurry," Ashton cooed, trying to soothe the whining newborn.

He slid the outfit off his body and grabbed a new one from your hospital bag on the floor. He carefully put your baby's head through the hole. He hurried the rest, quickly putting his arms through the holes and then snapping the buttons on the bottom into place.

As soon as he was finished, Ash picked up the squirming baby and held him close to his chest as the baby finally quieted down, finding the desired warmth in his daddy's chest.

"See? That wasn't so bad, was it, buddy?" Ashton cradled the baby into his arms and slid back in beside you before there was a knock on the door and the first of the visitors arrived.