In Trouble | Calum

You hurried to get your kids ready. Harper tried to help, doing as much as she could on her own. Calum helped her with the rest while you got Grace ready. She was almost one and was crawling everywhere. She was wiggling out of your grasp every chance she got.

Somehow, you were all set in the car on time and Calum drove you to the park where you were meeting the boys and their families for a play date. There was going to be nine kids there today, you could practically feel the headache coming on. You loved getting together with everyone and you adored each and every child but sometimes it was a lot, especially in a public setting.

You and Calum had your two kids. Luke had his two, Bentley and Lucy. Michael had three, Ava, Ellie, and baby Noah. And then Ashton had his two boys, Logan and Liam.

At the park, you were sat talking with Ashton's wife while the men played ball in the open field a little ways away.

"Stop it!" Ava screamed. Michael stopped what he was doing and looked over, checking on his little girl. Ava and Harper were arguing over a toy, each pulling it back and forth from the other.

Evidently, Harper had had enough and was getting frustrated, it was her toy after all. Harper reached over and grabbed a fist full of Ava's hair and yanked hard.

You gasped, jumping up and snatching your daughter away and setting her down on the ground a few feet away from everyone as she started crying, realizing she was in trouble. She was only four but she knew better.

"Harper Hood! No ma'am!" You scolded, squatting down to her level. "Why did you do that?"

"It was my toy, mommy!" She cried. "She wouldn't give me my toy!"

Calum walked over, stopping to apologize to Michael and his wife as they consoled Ava but also scolded her for taking the toy in the first place. Calum sat down in front of Harper, causing her to look down, ashamed.

"Harp, I can't believe you," He said. She cried a bit harder.

"I'm so sorry, daddy!" Harper said, leaning forward to cry into his lap.

"You need to go say you're sorry to Ava and then you're going to sit in time out for four minutes." He explained to her. She wiped her tears and nodded. She stood before us and looked at us, knowing we always gave her love after a scolding.

Calum held his arms out and she fell into them. "We love you, baby girl."

I stroked her hair. "You can't be violent because you didn't get your way, baby girl. You don't want to hurt other people."

Harper nodded again and began walking to Ava. We watched as she stood in front of her. "I'm really sorry for pulling you hair, Ava."

Ava smiled. "It's okay. I'm sorry for taking your toy from you." They gave each other a hug before Harper walked away, sitting herself down beside a nearby tree and accepting her time out.