Jeff

Authors note: I am really excited about where I'm planing to take this story but I will only write it if someone wants me to. Even if it's only one person who wants me to keep writing it. Thanks for listening. Enjoy! Another note: IF YOU DON'T LIKE LONG POINTLESS DESCRIPTIONS SKIP THE FIRST PAGE, THAT LEAVES YOU AT THE DIALOGUE!

There she was again. From the moment I had seen her I had intuitively known there was something different about her. For one I couldn't bring myself to kill her immediately like I would anyone else. For another she seemed to have a true sense of purpose about her. Yes it might seem like a moronic reason not to kill a girl but it intrigued me somehow. My eyes followed her as she walked over to the bus stop and sat down to wait. Waves of shimmering jet black hair fell gently round her slim shoulders caught the late afternoon light and reflected it back to the heavens. She turned her head and her beautiful porcelain skin captured a few of the dying rays of sun in such a way that she appeared to be glowing from the inside out. Her perfect black lips pursed almost as if she had felt my eyes upon her. Dark eyes flickered around the slowly moving scene of people and small animals that scurry underfoot almost like she was looking for something or someone. I felt an actual smile curling around my permanently smiling features as the snap second decision pulled my mind into its steel grip. I was going to follow this girl at last. A week and a half of watching her was over; I was going to kill her.

As the bus pulled up to the curb I rose with her. She didn't see me climb onto the bus after her but then why should she? To her, I was no more than another face in an endless stream of them. Lucky for her it would also be the last face she saw. I purposely sat myself behind her and then leaned back in my seat, fingering the hilt of my knife that was hidden in the off white hoodie I always wore. She was wearing a black hoodie, similar to mine, that had clearly seen much use. She kept twisting one of the dangling strings between thumb and forefinger like it was a nervous tick although I highly doubted this girl was afraid of much. How I would love to see that face of hers twist into a mask of terror as I stood above her, knife poised to complete its task of taking her life. I could practically smell the blood that would stain my clothes.

As the vehicle slowed to a stop once more the girl rose and, with smooth silent movements, exited the bus. I had more of an amble in my step as I crossed to the open doors yet, like her, my footfalls were completely silent. I gave the bus driver a smile that hinted at insanity and watched the shivers wrack his spine with glee. Then I was on the pavement once again and the bus was gone. All it left was a faint sulfuric odor and the girl that I was following. She was oblivious to her watcher as she walked quickly along the sidewalk. I had always prided myself in being a passable pavement artist when I needed to be but my performance that day was perfect. Hurrying past her as if I had places to be I was stopped at a light that of course halted her progress as well. I casually tapped my leg as if I was waiting impatiently to go. She spared me but a glance that I ignored in a calculated manner she failed to catch. The light changed. My long strides carried me past her easily and I kept this pace as if oblivious to her very existence. At the next stop sign I moved to turn and managed to keep her in my peripheral vision. She kept walking forward past the houses making no indication that one of them belonged to her. I crossed the road, taking the time to give the driver of one of the cars waiting a minor heart attack with one of my infamous bone chilling smiles. Then I waited for a second or two before I could cross the street that would take me in the same direction as the girl. She walked swiftly now, as though she was just becoming aware of the heat of my watchful gaze and dogged pursuit. Ducking under the roof of one of the porches that looked exactly like all the ones around it she finally vanished into a house.

I waited for ten seconds before swiftly moving away from the flat she had disappeared into. I crossed the streets that would take me the long way around to the back of her house. I lifted the latch of the gate that belonged to the person living behind her. I broke into a sprint that took me across this stranger's yard and vaulted the fence surrounding the girl's house. I decreased my pace so by the time I reached the house itself I was at an unheard crawl. A glorious plan began formulating itself in my mind as I searched with practiced precision for the girl's bedroom window. I swarmed up a tree that was conveniently placed next to said window and watched from my higher vantage point as the girl threw her hoodie on her bed and started messing with something. Her back was frustratingly turned to me and I would have ground my teeth but this girl was failing to actually try my nonexistent patience. She turned back to the window and I almost fell. She was... beautiful. Her face was a bleached and scared white that matched mine. She even had long thin scars that ran from the corners of her mouth to her high cheekbones. Something in me that I had thought was long dead stirred and jumped a bit. Just watching her move around her room made my plan unravel around me but I couldn't care less. As the sun finally set past the point where it granted light to the sky and new moon took its place as it hung above, the girl vanished for a minute or two and returned dressed in a knee length black shift. She crawled into her bed and, after turning out the lamp by it, closed her eyes and soon was asleep.