Jane Part 2

A/N: O.o People are actually reading this... YAY!!!! Thanks so much it really makes me happy! I am posting this chapter because of how many people have read my story!

I crept down the stairs after Sally. I was unsure of why exactly I felt I should be quiet, so I chalked it up to nerves. I blame a lot on nerves. We descended at least three flights of stairs before we reached the ground floor. At the bottom, Sally called, "Good luck!" and vanished.

I walked down the hall and chose the open archway, only to be met with a smiling Jeff. "Oh Jane, how wonderful to see you! How are you settling in?" His cheerful tone and friendly manner made me want to slit his throat. Sadly, the bastard still had my knife.

"Fuck off, asshole. I hate your guts, so don't act like we're best friends." I growled the words at him.

"Come on, Jane." Jeff threw an arm around my shoulder, much to my ire. "If you keep cursing at me I might get the wrong impression of you." I threw his arm off but he just cackled. "I hear you've already made a shitty first impression, and you only just got here."

"Do you really think I give two shits?" I asked, angry.

"No." he admitted. "But if you were smart, you would. You're going to have to live with these people for a long time."

"Jeff?" called someone from the doorway.

I'll admit, I groaned. "Not another new person." I muttered in exhausted whines. "I'm up to my fucking eyeballs in new already."

"Ah, hello." The man moved slowly into the room and I realized with a jolt that he had no eyes. Where they should have been were big black holes that dripped black ooze. He was blind. "You must be Jane. Masky mentioned you, most unfavorably, I might add." He tilted his head a bit and smiled kindly.

Jeff snorted. "What tipped you off? Her excessive swearing, or was it the sulky mood?" He studied the newcomer critically and asked with a touch of worry, "Hey Jack, what happened to your mask?"

"Stupid Toby hid it again." Jack hissed through his teeth. He moved over to Jeff and threw his arms around his shoulders, easily resting his head on the shorter boy. "I'm EJ, by the way." Those words and a smile were directed at me. "Eyeless Jack. I share a room with Jeff."

"Not willingly. I've asked Slendy to let me have another room lots of times." Jeff was struggling fruitlessly to be free of the taller boy's arms. "Would you let me go! You know I don't like it when you act like this. I thought I had made it plain that I'm not interested!"

"You're just salty because you like me now and you don't know how to tell me." Eyeless Jack seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself.

"Shut up!" Jeff scrambled at Jack's arms in an attempt to escape. "I will cut your fucking fingers off!"

"You're just upset because I'm right."

Jeff threw me a look full of pleading. Help me! he seemed to beg.

I grinned and twiddled my fingers playfully. "You two have fun!" If you won't help me, then you suffer the consequences, Jeff dear.

I turned to survey the rest of the room. I seemed to be a drawing room that opened into a stately dining room, complete with a glass chandelier and long, oak table. I could tell that there were going to be a lot of new people to meet just by looking at the number of places that had been set out for dinner. Ugh, thinking in the morning about eating dinner was giving me a headache.

I made my way over to the door at the end of the dining room and pushed it open gently. I was met with a flurry of activity. Slender was in the center of it all, tendrils flying every which way, grabbing pots, pans, ingredients, and Ben when he tried to grab one of the freshly baked peanut butter chocolate cookies from the counter.