CHAPTER 45: Fated Confrontation - Daisuke VS Osten

Daisuke, Professor Bayley, Osten, and the rest of the adventurers had their mouths agape in complete and utter shock. For a moment, there was nothing but silence until the Professor spoke.

"A-Amazing!" he stammered, his eyes quivering.

While the class erupted in a wave of astonished whispers, Daisuke took a moment to analyze his Stats.

Status Window, he chanted mentally.

[Name: Haxks

Species: Human

Level: 13 | EXP: 4,754/26,406 (18%)

Class: None

Affiliation: Adventurers' Guild | Merchants' Guild

Title: Lone Wolf, Pathfinder, Unwavering Spirit, Congenial Denizen, Master of Divine Beast, Devoted Hunter

HP: 894/894 | MP: 1242/1252

Str€ngt#: 0 (+15) | St@m!n@: 0 (+12) | Ag!lit¥: 0 (+25) | !nt€ll!g€nc€: 237 | D€xt€rit¥: 0 (+35) | C0mp0$ur€: 0 | !nd0m!t@bl€: 0

Stat Points: 0]

Daisuke's eyes widened in alarm. What the hell?

His Status Window flickered wildly, its digital display mimicking the erratic dance of a dying light. The glitch mirrored the effects of the digital seizure that still plagued one of his skills.

Upon closer inspection, a perplexing sight awaited him: all of his Stat Points were mysteriously invested into Intelligence. Then, just as abruptly as it had begun, the anomaly ceased, and everything returned to normalcy as if nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.

[Name: Haxks

Species: Human

Level: 13 | EXP: 4,754/26,406 (18%)

Class: None

Affiliation: Adventurers' Guild | Merchants' Guild

Title: Lone Wolf, Pathfinder, Unwavering Spirit, Congenial Denizen, Master of Divine Beast, Devoted Hunter

HP: 1499/1499 | MP: 137/147

Strength: 48 (+15) | Stamina: 73 (+12) | Agility: 82 (+25) | Intelligence: 16 | Dexterity: 10 (+35) | Composure: 5 | Indomitable: 3

Stat Points: 0]

As Daisuke grappled with the inexplicable bug... or phenomenon that had affected his Stats, Osten found himself breaking into a nervous sweat. However, a grin still tugged at the corners of his mouth.

It had become abundantly clear to him that Daisuke was a mage—the intimidation that made him flinch in the classroom; the burst of speed in the cafeteria; and now the overwhelming power of his magical attack.

Mages were known for their impressive magical attack power, but they had limited health and pitifully weak defense to boot. In contrast, Osten's armored suit wasn't just eye-catching; it boasted incredible physical and magical defense.

If he could turn a fight against Daisuke into one of attrition, he might just drain his mana over time, eventually allowing him to land a significant hit. It would only take one solid strike to bring Daisuke's HP to a crushing zero.

"Mr. Starfrost," called Professor Bayley, beckoning to the silver-haired boy with a discreet wave of his hand. Leaning in closer, he whispered, "Are you... a mage or a warrior?"

"...I'm a warrior," Daisuke whispered back, his voice carrying a hint of suspicion.

The man's expression paled slightly, but he made an effort to maintain his composure. "Very well. Please remain by my side until I instruct otherwise."