In love, Aubrey

Dear Grandma, dear Grandpa,

I'm glad you're doing fine! I was just looking at some old photographs and realized how much I miss you guys. Mom said we'll be coming over in a week or two!

By the way, it's so cute you guys always ask about Ethan because I was going to write about him anyway.

Although Ethan is gone again and our meet up didn't last very long, I'm positive he's going to come back for me again. If not in a week, then in a month or so.

He truly makes me happy. At Stainton, Ethan said something very important to me before he left. We'd decided to not stay in touch because we had to move on from the past and our time recovering at the clinic. I was sad about it but I understood. That time I asked him whether we'd meet again and what he would do if we did.

It was wishful thinking. But he said, "I don't believe in fate. But I do believe in a combination of choice and chance. If we meet again, it shall happen."

Two years later, we meet again. I don't know whether it's fate or whatever, I just genuinely believe we deserve each other. We deserve a friend who's willing to listen and support. We deserve to be loved and feel that.

And I really hope everyone out there gets to have a genuine, loving friend who can help them stay strong and hold on a little longer. I also hope that someone out there comes to realize that they are needed. I want everyone to know that they matter and that they're not alone.

Because I know how it feels and I know now that it's not true, no matter how bad it seems.

Ethan and I, we're not perfect and still have loads to figure out and work on but I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't say this will be a happy ending because there are many things that could go wrong.

But something tells me to hold on to it and I certainly will.

In love,

Aubrey.

[ THE END ]