Chapter 2

Ashton

I watched the blonde boy intently, waiting to hear how a dog could possibly lock out their owner.

"It started with me dropping my cologne. The entire apartment started reeking of lynx black so I had to open up my windows and door. My dog Molly had been begging me to take her for a walk all day so when she saw the door was open, she made a break for it meaning I had to go after her."

"Oh no please tell me you didn't slip on the cologne."

"Thankfully, I didn't. Anyway, I finally got her back in the apartment with the help of Michael and Calum. That's when I noticed she took one of my shoes and left it outside the apartment; which is why I have this," he held up a torn up shoe, "One of my favourites too."

I gave him a sympathetic look that he brushed off.

"It's fine though. They didn't cost that much or anything. I could easily get another pair. These were getting too small for me anyway."

I hadn't seen him stand up but he seemed like he would be pretty tall.

"Where was I?" His blue eyes wondered off, "Oh yeah! I grabbed the shoe, getting dog slobber on my hand, and when I turn around, my door is shut. I have no idea how long I was there shaking the handle, I just couldn't believe Molly had locked me out of my apartment. I checked my pockets for my keys before realising that they were on my bedside table in the apartment."

Was this kid serious? His story was so crazy and unlikely.

"Yeah anyway, I called the locksmith to see if they could send someone to unlock the door or make a replacement key but they said they can't until Monday. Apparently they're closed on the weekend."

"That really sucks. What are you going to do until then?"

"I have no idea, probably just fall asleep out here. I have nothing on me except my phone." He explained.

"You can't sleep on the ground for two nights! You're staying at my place." I said, standing up and a reaching a hand down to pull Luke up.

"I don't know... you are a psycho who only goes for blondes." He says in a joking manner, grabbing my hand allowing me to pull him up.

"Well this psycho thinks we should get some dinner first, what do you say?" I ask, running my hand through my dishevelled hair.

"Sounds good but..."