Chapter 16

lThank you to everyone who's voted, commented and read this story. You are all amazing.]

Luke

As I chewed a piece of bacon, I heard a noise from my phone indicating a text from the locksmith telling me he was finished with my apartment door.

"Well, my apartment's all good now."

"You sound almost upset about it," Ashton informed me.

"Yeah well I guess these past few days have been great. I met you and let's be honest we're so close we should have matching t-shirts."

"You wish you had my face on a shirt."

I didn't reply, I just smiled and kept eating.

"So Ash, please tell me what I said to you last night. You know... when I was sleeping," I bit my lip while waiting for his reply. I vaguely remember my dream so I hoped it wasn't what I thought it was.

"It doesn't matter Luke."

"Well I can be the judge of that."

His hazel eyes met mine for a seconds before he sighed.

"Well, you accidentally mistook me for Calum..."

"Oh crap."

"What?"

"Nevermind. Just keep telling me."

"And you kind of admitted something... well maybe admitted is the wrong word I mean you probably didn't mean what you said."

"Come on Ash, just spit it out."

"You said you liked me... as in more than a friend," A smile spread over Ashton's features, "You also claimed that I was cute with my giggle and dimples and that when I wear my glasses, it does things to you."

I buried my face in my hands, "Anything else?"

"Just some stuff about my hair and voice. Also that I have beautiful hazel eyes."

I let out a groan that was muffled by my hands.

"Luke?"

"Mhmm?"

"Did you- did you mean those things?"

"Mhmm," I moved my hands, "Look Ash I- why are you looking at me like that?" Sat opposite me, Ashton was biting his lip to hide his smile and the expression held in his eyes showed a mix of relief and happiness. Then he giggled and something inside me wannted to burst at how cute he was.

"Ash?" I asked, "What's so funny?"

"I'm just glad."

"Glad?"

"That I'm not wasting my feelings on someone who doesn't feel them back."