Chapter 24

[Oopsie daisies.]

Luke (I know it was his P.O.V last chapter but it works better this way) 

Ashton had gone on a vacation with his family for a few weeks. He'd attempted to convince his mum to let me come along but everything had already been booked. 

"God he leaves you alone for two weeks and you're moping around here like a lost puppy," Michael commented as he walked past me to get a slice of leftover pizza from the fridge.

"That's not true I just wanted to hang out with my best buds."

"Luke you've been living here since the day he left," he walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder, "The first step is admitting you have a problem."

"I don't have a problem. Sure I miss him but I'm not moping around I'm just hanging out with friends."

"No Luke I think you misunderstood I said admitting you have a problem is the first step not denial."

"Isn't denial meant to be the first step?"

"Aren't you meant to be crying while hugging the hoodie Ashton left here?"

"What hoodie?"

"Oh wow this is more serious than I thought."

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

"I'm too mature for this."

"Oh look at me I'm Luke hemmings and I'm too mature for Michael's shit," Michael said trying to mock me in a stupid voice.

"Go fuck yourself."

"Why do that when I have a Calum? Great idea actually...OI CALUM!" He called before heading toward their shared room. 

I sighed and turned back to my laptop. I'd decided since Ashton would be home today I could cook something for him. Yeah really lame and cliche. Trust me, I know but I wanted to do something special tonight as I'd finally plucked up enough courage to ask him out. Yeah I could just ask him but this way if he said no I could be like, "What? No, I was talking to this amazing brownie."

I spent all day and night waiting for Ashton but he never turned up until the next day. I'd fallen asleep on Michael and Calum's couch and was woken by that familiar voice I missed so much. 

"Mikey?! Cal?! You guys awake?"

I stretched and sat up, excited to see him again. God I'd fallen hard for this boy. 

"Hey Ash," I smiled. 

"Luke...Hi," he seemed nervous and shocked at the same time. 

"Who's this?" I asked in referral to the blonde girl Ashton had his arm around.

"This is Mia...my girlfriend..."