Chapter 6

Ashton

I wrapped my towel around my waist, returning back to the kitchen to find myself being greeted with the enticing smell of breakfast. Luke has his back turned to me while he cooked, singing quietly to himself while piling bacon onto a plate. I looked to the table where there were already made pancakes and scrambled eggs.

"You know, I would've just made cereal but you have to show off."

He flinched, turning to me.

"Don't sneak up on my like that!" He exclaimed, holding his hand over his heart.

I laughed and a fond expression took over his annoyed one. I noticed his eyes run over my body as he bit his lip. Curse that lip bite. He quickly looked up at me and I raised an eyebrow. Usually I would tease him as he was obviously checking me out but I decided not to. He bit his lip awkwardly, running a hand through his messy bed hair. 

"The food's gonna get cold," he pointed out awkwardly. I snapped back to reality and took a seat at the table, grabbing a plate and filling it up.

"What are you gonna do today?" I asked, trying to spark a conversation. The blonde boy shrugged, chewing his eggs.

"I have work then I'll probably see if Cal wants to hang out."

"Where do you work again?" I asked.

"Oh just that new music store a few blocks away. What are you up to today?"

"Same as you, I have work then I'll see if Michael wants to play that new video game he just got."

"Sounds cool."

"Oh crap I almost forgot, if I'm not home and you get back here, they spare key is taped to the bottom of the pot plant outside the door."

"Thanks."

"No problem," I smiled, taking a bite of my maple syrup drenched pancake, "The food is really good by the way."

"I try."

"Show off."

"Just because you can't be bothered-"

"I like cereal thank you very much," I sassed.