Chapter 19

Ashton

"Yeah...why?" I was so confused. Was Luke looking at moving into the same building and he wanted to know if they would allow him to have Molly here?

"I seem to have a habbit of making stupid mistakes twice..."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"The important thing is at least this time Molly isn't in my apartment."

"Spit it out Hemmings."

"I sort of got locked out of my apartment again..." I couldn't see him but knew he'd be biting his lip right now. He was so hot when he bit his lip but at the same time he was adorable. How does someone manage to do that? Over the phone, I heard his cough awkwardly and my attention snapped back to the phone call.

"With your keys inside the apartment?"

"Well luckily I was about to take Molly for a walk so I have my wallet and phone but when I left the apartment I realised I forgot the lead so I went back to get it and remembered I locked the door but left my keys inside the door...on the other side."

"You know if you want to see me that bad you could just call or text."

"What do you mean?"

"Even through the phone I can tell you're lying," I laughed.

"So I got myself locked out of my apartment again for nothing?"

"Wait, you actually locked yourself out on purpose?"

"Pfft what? No. Of course I didn't- let's just say I'm glad dogs are allowed in your apartment and I'll see you soon."

"Lu-"

"Bye!" He said before hanging up. I sighed and threw my phone onto the couch. If he wants to play that way then I may as well enjoy the game.

After a while of waiting, I heard a knock on my door.

"It's unlocked!"

"Wow what a nice way to greet your guest," he said as soon as he entered. I got up and made my way over to him. He smiled as I got closer, his face dropping when I bent down and hugged Molly.

"Aw, she's so adorble. I hope she doesn't mind the couch."

"Where am I meant to sleep?" Luke asked with confusion lacing his voice.

"The couch."

"With Molly? There's no way we can both fit. Have you seen how tall I am or is your eyesight seriously that bad without your glasses?"

"I have an astigmatism."

"Well you should wear your glasses more often. They look cute."

"Whatever," I could feel myself blushing so I changed the topic, "Well if you won't sleep on the couch then you'll have to sleep in my bed with me."

"Oh wow what a tough decision."

"It depends if you're into cuddling a dog or not. But then again if you don't want to cuddle your dog then you're stuck cuddling me."

"Oh really?"

"I may as well get something out of this."