Chapter 7

Luke

"And then I turned around and the door was locked," I told the story to Calum as he listened with an amused expression.

"Either Molly is really smart or you're just an idiot," he responded, "So what are you doing until you can get a key made?" Calum paid the girl for the coffees and ignored her trying to flirt with him. Yeah she was pretty and seemed nice but he was dedicated to Michael.

"Your friend Ashton happened to be leaving your apartment in my moment of need and he offered to let me stay in his apartment."

"He's nice like that. What do you think of him?"

"Yeah he seems nice. He's quite funny and really attractive."

"He's gay you know."

"I know."

"So you like-like him?" Calum joked as if we were little kids in primary school.

"I don't know. I barely know the guy Cal."

"Would you date him?"

"If he asked me on a date I'd say yes. As long as it's not the place we went to last night. Well technically this morning I guess."

"You went to dinner together?"

"He offered. I wasn't going to turn down food and a cute guy who was being nice to me."

"Maybe you should ask him on a date. Obviously when you have money and stuff."

"You know how awkward I am Cal. I'd end up chickening-out."

"You'll be fine. It's Ashton. He'd definitely say yes to you."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"He kept texting me saying how cute you are and stuff."

"No he wasn't."

"He was," Calum smiled, "You two would be cute together."

"Well what did you do for your first date with Michael?" I turned to face him.

Calum smiled at the memory.