Chapter 28

Luke

"You mother fucker," I heard the familiar voice. My eyes widened as soon as I realised what was between my lips. 

"Cal?"

"Yes Cal. You know, Cal who just got cock-blocked and kicked out of his apartment because of you."

"Michael kicked you out?"

"Yeah because it seems the pack of cigarettes I kept as proof I haven't been smoking has disappeared. How the fuck did you get those anyway?"

"I left my wallet in your apartment so I went to grab it and I was planning to buy my own but then I remembered yours and figured you wouldn't be needing them." 

"News flash idiot, I actually really do." 

"I'm so sorry. I will explain everything to Michael for you."

"Oh trust me I already knew you would. Why are you even smoking? You gave that up a long time ago. Smoking kills, Luke."

"Says you," I scoffed. 

"Why do you think I quit?"

"Why do you think I started again?" 

He was shocked at my words but I meant every one. I know I sounded so pathetic being this way over a guy who wasn't even my boyfriend. Ashton meant, well still means, so much to me and he lied to me. That hurts so badly. He hasn't said a word to me since. Everything that happened with us meant nothing now. I missed him so badly. I'd suck it up to just be friends with him again. 

"First of all," Calum walked over to me, snatching the cigarette from me and dumping it in the ash tray. "Now," he said calmly, "Give me the cigarettes and go explain to Michael. Then we need to talk."

"Yes mum," I rolled my eyes. 

"Oi, it's daddy. And only to Michael." 

"Yeah cool, thanks for that. Really just so insanely glad I had to hear that."