Chapter 9

Ashton

"Ash you promised video games," Michael complained.

"That was before I remembered the assignment I have to get finished."

"Uni sucks," Michael replied, flopping onto my bed.

"You think I haven't figured that out yet? I'll be finished soon."

"You're lucky I know your wifi password or I'd be gone."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Wow you're up yourself."

"Admit it, wifi or not I'm still your best friend."

"I still have Calum and Luke, oh speaking of Luke he's a great guy you should-"

"I've already met him," I cut him off. 

"You have?"

"Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, lip ring, really awkward. Yeah I've met him."

"What? When?"

"Hey Ashton?" I heard Luke's voice.

"In my room!" I called back. I heard footsteps coming to my room. Michael stared at me in shock.

"Hey Michael. Cool room Ashton. I didn't know you played drums," he pointed to the kit in the corner.

"Uh yeah I do."

"I'm so confused," Michael said. Luke and I filled him in on what happened with Luke's dog locking him out and me being the generous guy I am, offering him a place to stay for the meantime.

"Ok cool. Well seeing as Ashton is boring as hell and would rather hang out with a calculator, Luke and I can go play games while Ashton sucks at life."

I rolled my eyes as the two left the room. Their muffled shouts came from the living room and I sighed, looking at all the work in front of me. I suppose I could do it later and I did have a few more days to do it. As I got up to go join the guys in the living room, my shiny drum kit caught my attention. I use to get complaints from the noise so I ended up having to soundproof my room because there was no way I was going to get rid of my drums. Sitting down at my stool, I took out my drumsticks, planning out a beat to play in my head. I held the sticks in their position and started playing. It always made me feel so alive. Michael came into my room, distrupting me.

"Oh sorry," he said, just about to leave.

"No it's fine. I need a break anyway."

"Well I've just beaten Luke like six times so do you think you're worthy enough to beat me?"

"What game is it again?"

"Fifa."

"Nope. I'll watch though."