Chapter 8

Calum

~Flashback~

"Can you please just tell me what you're doing?" Michael asked from the passengers seat.

"Afriad not," I smiled.

"Please Calum?"

"You'll like it I promise."

"I hate you."

"You and I both know that's not true."

"Calum we've been best friends for ages. Aren't you scared this will ruin things?"

"It's just a date, we'll either fall hopelessly in love or we'll go back to your house and play video games."

"But Calum-"

"You didn't even realise did you?" I cut him off.

"Didn't realise what?"

"We've been parked out the front of my house for ten minutes now," I pointed to my house out the window. Michael rolled his eyes and went to get out of the car.

"No. Stay there," I told him, getting out of the car and jogging over to his side, opening the door for him. He gave me an annoyed look which I returned with a smile.

"Do you mind telling me why we're going on a date at your house?"

"Well," I said as we entered my house, "You once said that your perfect date would be you, your laptop and ice-cream. So," I went to my freezer, opening it up, "I went to the store and got a heap of flavours. Some I have never even tried if you would like to join me in my quest to find the perfect flavour. My laptop is waiting on my bed for us." I took out the several ice cream tubs and grabbed two spoons. He followed behind me to my room. We sat down on my bed and I set up the ice cream around us. I then went on to youtube.

"We can watch whatever you want," I informed him, taking the lid off one of the tubs that were in front of us.

"Oh Michael try this flavour!" I handed him the one in my hand. He took it, scooping some into his spoon and trying it.

"Oh god that's awful Cal."

I laughed as he quickly tried a different flavour to get rid of the flavour on his tongue.

"This one is nice," he said, pointing to the one in his hand.

"You aren't getting payback on me are you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's good. I promise."

I tried it despite my suspicions.

"You were actually right," I said as the ice cream melted on my tongue.

I sat back with my hands resting underneath my head as we watched our favourite music videos. Michael laid back next to me, pulling me over into his arms.

"On the first date?" I raised and eyebrow.

"We've been best friends for years come on."

"Fine but seeing I'm the one who organised this date, I get to cuddle you."

"Deal," Michael said as he moved so I could sit up and get comfortable. I pulled him back into my chest, wrapping my arms around him tightly.