Oogway Ascends

In his bunkhouse room that evening, Po is still yelling in pain.

"Aaaoo...whoohoo...EEEee...hee- hee... OW! I thought you said acupuncture would make me feel" Mantis pops us from behind Po holding a handful of needes and sticks him again, "better!"

"Trust me, it will. It's just not easy finding the right nerve points under all this..."

"Fat?"

"Fur, I was going to say fur" Removes the needle and moves to another part of Po's back.

"Sure you were"

Mantis Adjusts a needle and taps Po's back for nerves.

"Who am I to judge a warrior based on his size? I mean... look at me" Po looks for Mantis...

"I'm over here"

...But Mantis is now on his other shoulder. He jabs another needle into Po.

"Ah-HAH!"

"Maybe you should take a look at this again"

Viper, who is also in the room, is holding a diagram of acupuncture meridians onto which someone has overlaid a drawing of a panda.

"Oh! Okay"

Meanwhile, Monkey is meditating in another room.

"Ow! Don't..."

Monkey opens his eyes. Annoyed at the disturbance, Monkey sticks his fingers in his ears. In another room, Crane is doing calligraphy.

"Stop it, stop... YOW!"

Startled, Crane accidentally smears the paper. Back in his own room, Po settles down.

"I know Master Shifu's trying to inspire me and all, but if I didn't know any better... I'd say he was trying to get rid of me"

Po chuckles. The others look at each other and smile awkwardly. Po notices their expressions and his chuckle fades.

"I know he can seem kind of heartless..." He violently jabs another needle in Po.

"Ah!"

"But, you know, he wasn't always like that"

"According to legend, there was once a time when Master Shifu actually used to smile"

"No..."

Outside, Tigress is walking down the hallway when she overhears them talking. She stops outside their door.

"But that was before..." She hesitates.

"Before what?" Then Tigress enters.

"Before Tai Lung" Crane's shadow is silhouetted on the wall.

"Uh, yeah, we're not really supposed to talk about him"

"Well, if he's going to stay here, he should know"

"Guys, guys. I know about Tai Lung" Tigress looks at Po.

"He was a student, the first ever to master the thousand... scrolls of... kung fu..." Tigress gives him a piercing stare. He nervously trails off.

"and... then he turned bad... and... now he's in jail..."

"He wasn't just a student"

FLASHBACK. A younger Shifu steps out of the Training Hall Courtyard and finds a baby leopard cub on the steps, swaddled in cloth.

"Shifu found him as a cub. And he raised him as his son"

While being fed, baby Tai Lung yanks off some of Shifu's whiskers.