The story of lord Shen

Opens up to a narrated story, displayed in a 2D-animated shadow puppet show. Two peacocks overlook a tall, majestic tower.

Long ago, in ancient China, the peacocks ruled over Gongmen City. They brought great joy and prosperity to the city, for they had invented fireworks

Puppet citizens gather in the streets as colorful fireworks explode over the city.

The scene then changes to a room in the palace: a young white peacock experiments with the gunpowder.

A small explosion from the bowl surprises him, and then he smiles darkly.

Shen's mother and father witness this outside his room, and look at each other with concern.

But their son, Lord Shen, saw darker power in the fireworks. What had brought color and joy could also bring darkness and destruction

The scene switches to the throne room: Shen's parents watch as the court soothsayer puts two items into a small bowl and an apparition emerges.

In the apparition, a white peacock is consumed by a yin yang symbol.

Shen's troubled parents consulted a soothsayer. She foretold that if Shen continued down this dark path, he would be defeated by a warrior of black and white.

Shen watches the scene from behind a pillar. He scowls and exits the palace with a small army of wolves.

The young lord set out to change his fate, but what he did next... only sealed it.

A moment later, the residents of a small panda village watch in horror as Shen sets his wolves on them.

Back at the palace, Shen bursts in on his parents, triumphant. His expression changes when he sees the looks on their faces.

Shen returned to his parents full of pride, but in their faces, he only saw horror

Outside the palace gates, Shen and his parents stand on opposite sides. Shen's father signifies that Shen is banished.

He was banished from the city forever

Shen furiously says words back before departing with his wolves.

Shen's parents' shoulders slump as they watch their son leave.

But Shen swore revenge: Someday, he would return, and all of China would bow at his feet

A door to the shadow puppet scene closes and then cuts to a foundry in the mountains.

A pack of wolves are seen heaving, pounding, and burning metal.

One of the wolves, a large soldier with one eye, jumps over to Shen and bows.

"It's almost done, Lord Shen, but we've run out of metal"

"Search the farthest villages. Find more metal! China will be mine"

 Find more metal! China will be mine"