The birthplace of kung fu

Night dissolves to dawn. Shifu sits under the peach tree with Oogway's staff, deep in thoughy. He has probably been siting there all night then he turns to see princess when he heard her approaching him.

"Yah! Hai!"

Shifu stirs, his ears prick as he hears kung fu noises in the distance.

He and princess goes to investigate, going to the place you would usually expect to see kung fu: the Training Hall.

Shifu looks inside... it's empty. The noises continue from somewhere else... the bunkhouse.

Inside the bunkhouse, as Shifu turns the corner, he sees Po's shadow as he performs some amazing kung fu.

"Hai...yah! Wai-ya!"

Entering the kitchen, Shifu finds Po punching through a cupboard door with his bare fist, coming out with food and proceeding to stuff his face.

Seeing Shifu, he stops mid-munch. In silence they eye each other. Shifu surveys the room... broken lock, smashed doors, unhinged cabinets... the supposedly useless panda has completely trashed the kitchen. Po belches, bringing Shifu's attention back to him.

"What? I eat when I'm upset, okay?" Shifu gets a glimmer in his eye. He has an idea.

"Oh, no need to explain. I just thought you might be Monkey. He hides his almond cookies on the top shelf"

Shifu calmly exits with princess and hides just outside the doorway, waiting to see if his hunch is correct. Po look to the shelf, smile, and sneak out of sight.

KLUMP! KLONK! THUNK!

Shifu rushes back inside and is amazed find Po perched atop the high shelves, jamming cookies from a jar into his mouth, his legs in a split.

Shifu's disbelief turns into a wise smile. Po spots him and stops eating.

"Don't tell Monkey" Shifu steps forward.

"Look at you..."

"Yeah, I know. I disgust you"

"No no, I mean... how did you get up there?"

"I don't know. I guess I— I don't know. I was getting a cookie..." He looks at the cookie and then can't help but eat it.

"And yet you are ten feet off the ground... and have done a perfect split"

"No, this... this is just an..." Po's eyes widen as he begins to slip, "accident"

WHOOMP!

Po slips and crashes to the kitchen floor which princess laughs. A cookie rolls over to Shifu. He picks it up.

"There are no accidents. Come with me"

Po picks himself up from the pile of pans and stares as Shifu walks off.

High up in the Wudang Mountains, Shifu leads Po, who is weighed down with a large backpack and breathing hard, up a rocky path.

"I know you're trying to be all mystical and kung fu-ey, but could you at least tell me where we're going?"

"The child has more energy then you" he says as princess follows shifu

Shifu just continues walking. Later, Shifu is sitting on a rock in front of a still pool, morning mist partially obscuring the immeditate area.

Princess looks down at the pool amazed, Winded and wheezing, Po staggers his way next to Shifu, collapses to the ground and discards the backpack.

Shifu breathes in the morning mist, his eyes closed, as Po crawls towards the pool in disbelief.