Chapter 3 : Maoujudgi

"sorry madam sir, wo Karishma madam  aise achanak se chali gayi," Pushapa ji Said as she came in behind as soon as Karishma left from Haseena's cabin

"Pehele bilkul pasand nai tha use barish, lekin teen saal se baarish me bheegti hi jarahi hai, sona bhi chod diya hai, har roz night duty pe reheti hai,kadus ban gayi hai, hume tho bas ye chinta satata hai ki aisa kya hogaya tha undono ke beech ki hamari bachi hamri nai rahi,"

" Sorry madam sir hum bhi, kuch bhi bolne lag jate hai..." Pushpa ji as usual with her over sharing shared her worries.

And before Haseena could ask for more Pushpa handled herself and continued, "Arry hum bhi na, jo puchne aaye the wahi bhul gaye, ye kuch aur files hai madam sir, aur Lunch time hone ko aya hai Madam sir, apka khana?"

"Hum baad me kha lenge, ap..ap jaiye.." and with this information Haseena only cought hold of the information of Karishma was in love with someone else. And may be that's why She left her abruptly. Haseena always thought that there was something more special between them. She chuckled on her petty thoughts.

Sab hamari hi galti thi, It was me who over expected things. She had this faint painfull smile on her realisation.

But then there was this memory of them together back in their hostel room, with which she settled on her rotating chair in her cabin with her chin placed in her left palm looking at nothing in perticular.

Haseena came back from her internship late that night and saw Karishma was half asleep on their bed, she saw that thequill was off her, so she  put her up properly and covered her with the it. And as Karishma felt the movements she  Opened her eyes, half asleep, she held Haseena's wrist making her sit beside her on the bed.

"Haseena.. Aap agayi?"

"Ji, aap so jaiye."

"So hi tho rahe hai, lekin aap hume akela kahe nai chodti jage tho bhi aap dikti hai, ab sapno me bhi aap hi, maar dalne ka irada hai kya?"

"aap ye kya baat kar rahi hai, aap neend me kuch bhi bol rahi hai, So jaiyeye Karishma Singh"

"Sapne me tho hume himmat karne dijiye," she pulled Haseena to lay down beside her and placed her hand on her cheeks, " Hum kehe sake ki hum apko kitna chahate hai.. nai nai nai kuch nai, Aap so jaiye.."

And listening to this Haseena almost stopped breathing. " ye aakhir kya kehene wali thi, ki wo hume  chahati hai, matlab wo humse pyaar karti hai? Nai hum bhi kya soch rahe hai."

No this couldn't happen. She was confusing herself with the past and present. She was fighting with what her heart wants and what her mind was guiding her.

***

It was late in the afternoon when Karishma came in the station dragging in, a man double her size. She was dripping wet as she socked in rain.

"Cheete lockup kholo" she roared alerting the members in there. Hearing her voice Haseena stepped out to see what  was the comotion about.

As she stepped out she was horrified with the scene on going in front of her. She saw her Karishma beating black and blue of the person. She was hell shocked, infact just shocked would be an understatement. She couldn't believe howcome the Caring woman turned this curl. And unknown to her she had her hot tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Ka bhayyia ka samjhe ki aurat hai tho kuch bhi kar sakte ho? Police ki wardi tak ka tume lihaj nai! Haa?" She hit his stomach, then kicked the same place. The man winced in pain.

Karishma was about to punch on his face, and her hand was aimed to his left eye.

"KARISHMA" there. It was not even a loud voice or warning, it felt just like a whisper. Yet, Karishma's hand stopped mid air, she had her breathing heavy, her eyes red, and her nostrils flaring wide.

The rest of the MPT members were shocked to witness this reaction of their Kadak Karishma Singh. The one, bin lagam ghode ki tarah jo bhari hui banduk bani phirti hai, as her mom love to describe her now-a-days was awestruck, that just a whisper could stop Karishma from beating up a man.

"Ap ye kya kar rahe hai Karishma Singh? Aur ap sab log aise khade khade ye tamasha dekh rahe hai? Rok nai sakte the? Kuch ho jata tho?"

"Aaj Tak kisi ki baat suni hai jo Aaj humari baat sunlengi ye? " Pushpa ji complained.

"Aaj se pehele tho kabhi nai maa, lekin Madam sir ke Ane ke baad, wo bhi pehele hi din, sirf ek baar me sun Li aapki bhari hui bandhuk ne. " Billu reasoned whispering the lines audible just to the trio there.

Karishma came out of the lock up and walked towards the gym room. Haseena didn't know if she should follow her or just ignore. But the thumping heart of hers was still in the shock accepting this side of Karishma.

***

Haseena walked anticipating towards the gym room nearly after thirty minutes.

She saw Karishma was still in the drenched state her uniform sticking to her skin. She had held her head in her hands sitting in the chair, her elbows resting on her knees.

Haseena didn't disturb her. She didn't know what to do, what actually to say.

"Haseena, sorry." She knew haseena was there, without even looking up. Just her aura could make her guess her presence.

"Chahe hazaar log aajaye,
Bas aapki ehsaas se pehchan lete hain,
Har ahat yaad dilata hai,
Humari ma'ujoodgi ko, apke ye ehesaas ke saath hi tho hum jee lete hain."

"Uhhrrmm, Karishma Singh, hua kya. Ap aise kisi ko Peet nai sakte, dekha hai unki haalat apne?" She was back with her professional voice. Strict and tender at the same time.

"Wo ek ladki ko ched Raha tha Madam sir, aur jab hum use chetane gaye tho wardi ki ijjat bhi nai ki usne.." Karishma replied with a mix of frustration and determination in her voice. She recounted the incident to Haseena, detailing how the culprit had disrespected their uniform and the innocent girl by the side.

Haseena listened intently, her expression shifting from concern to steely resolve. "Hum samajhte hain, Karishma Singh. Par humein bhi yeh samajhna hoga ki aise mamle ka samadhan kaise kiya jaye," she responded thoughtfully, her eyes reflecting the weight of responsibility they both carried as law enforcement officers.

Karishma nodded, appreciating Haseena's wisdom.

Haseena saw Karishma, her front was wet and her chest heaved up and down, Haseena gulped looking at Karishma.

Karishma walked towards her, "Haseena,.."

Haseena stared into her eyes. "Hume apse baat karni hai, ijjajat denge?"

"Baat karne ke liye kuch bhi nai hai, aur hume nai lagta hum..hum apko jante hai," saying this she walked out of the room.

***

Itni jaldi jaldi update de Rahi hu, vote or comment Kiya Karo na yaaro.

Anyway, thank you for reading...!

Love
- Author ❤️