Chapter 4 : Madhoshiyaan

Karishma was still sitting in the gym room, soaked

Karishma was still sitting in the gym room, soaked. Earlier in the morning, When Haseena said "hume barrish pasand nai hai" that had clenched Karishma's heart.

She knew a different Haseena, a girl who loved rain, who loved to get drenched, no matter how sick she would fall after that, a friendly, chirpy girl who laughed whole heartedly. But now, this Haseena was a silent, responsible police officer, there was no traces of the Haseena she knew, it was as if she saw a different person with same name and face.

And her face fell when she realised it was all her fault in the first place, she didn't knew her past, she doesn't know what happened in these three years. But the way Haseena acted with her, like she just don't recognise her, clearly showed how hurt Haseena was.

She got up and walked to the cupboard to take out her spare uniform to get herself changed.

***

Haseena was sitting in her cabin, deep in thoughts, the caring loving Karishma Singh she knew was no more,  The Karishma she knew was a humble who helped everyone, she was soft spoken, she would understand the unspoken, the strays were her favourite beings.

Karishma was beating the man black and blue, with no mercy, she flinched at the scene that replayed like a recorded video in front of her eyes. What would be the reason for her this change? The eyes that held innocence were now filled with rage and anger. No mercy no humanity even. Did the person she loved leave her? Haseena thought.

A lone tear escaped her left eye, so Karishma was also facing this one sided love failure, may be. Haseena knew how hurtful these feels can get. She knew, like how Karishma leaving her changed her into a serious person, like wise may be, departing from her loved one changed a caring Karishma into Kadak Karishma.

"Ek tarfa pyaar hi kuch aisa hai,
Dard bhi yehi deta hai aur marham bhi yehi hota hai"

***

It was next day morning when Haseena reached the station at eight thirty in the morning. As she entered she saw there was no one around. As much as she knew Karishma was the only one who was at night duty yesternight, only alternative nights she would be accompanied by cheetah or pushpa ji. But now, at least Karishma should be present there, but there was nothing like that to be seen.

Haseena walked in, she looked into the spare room, and saw the fans were left on, guessing the presence of someone she walked inside and her breath hitched.

Karishma was standing there with her wet hair, on her silp, no uniform shirt on, with her pants on. Her honey skin back was visible to her.