2012!Donnie x Rheumatoid Arthritis Reader requested

Title: Shadows of Strength

In the bustling streets of New York City, where towering skyscrapers kissed the sky and the echoes of human activity reverberated through the air, there existed a shadowed realm beneath the surface, a realm inhabited by heroes and villains alike. Among these heroes were four extraordinary turtles: Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello—better known as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

In their lair deep beneath the city streets, the turtles trained tirelessly under the guidance of their wise sensei, Master Splinter. But amidst the clang of steel against steel and the swish of nunchucks through the air, there existed a silent presence, a figure who contributed to their cause in ways beyond the physical realm. That figure was you, the reader, a steadfast ally to the turtles, despite the challenges posed by rheumatoid arthritis.

You had first met the turtles during a chance encounter in the dark alleys of the city. Despite the initial shock of encountering anthropomorphic turtles, you quickly formed a bond with them, drawn together by a shared sense of purpose and a desire to protect the city they called home.

Among the turtles, it was Donatello who had captured your heart. His keen intellect, gentle demeanor, and unwavering determination had endeared him to you from the start. But it was his empathy and understanding of your condition that truly set him apart.

Despite the dangers that lurked in the shadows, you and Donatello found solace in each other's company. He listened attentively as you shared the challenges posed by rheumatoid arthritis, offering words of encouragement and support when you needed them most. And though your legs often ached with pain, Donatello was always there to lend a steady hand or a reassuring smile.

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, you found yourself falling deeper in love with the gentle giant of a turtle. But amidst the blossoming romance, danger lurked just beyond the horizon. An ancient evil known as the Foot Clan, led by the nefarious Shredder, threatened to plunge the city into darkness once more.

With each passing day, the Foot Clan's attacks grew more frequent and more ferocious, testing the limits of the turtles' strength and resolve. And though you longed to join them in battle, your condition prevented you from doing so, leaving you feeling helpless and frustrated.

But Donatello refused to let you succumb to despair. With his scientific prowess and unwavering determination, he set out to find a solution to your condition, tirelessly researching new treatments and therapies in the hopes of easing your pain and restoring your mobility.

In the quiet moments between battles, you and Donatello would steal away to the rooftop of the lair, gazing out at the twinkling lights of the city below. It was there, beneath the stars, that you shared your hopes and dreams for the future, forging a bond that transcended the barriers of species and circumstance.

But as the battle against the Foot Clan reached its climax, tragedy struck. In a fierce confrontation with Shredder and his minions, Donatello sustained a grievous injury, leaving him gravely wounded and on the brink of death. As you knelt by his side, tears streaming down your face, you felt a surge of desperation unlike any you had ever known.

But even in his darkest hour, Donatello remained resolute. With his last ounce of strength, he handed you a small vial containing a potent serum, the culmination of his research into rheumatoid arthritis. With trembling hands, you administered the serum, praying for a miracle.

And miraculously, it worked. As the serum coursed through your veins, you felt a surge of energy unlike anything you had ever experienced before. The pain in your legs vanished, replaced by a newfound sense of strength and vitality.

With renewed determination, you joined the turtles in their final battle against the Foot Clan, fighting alongside them with a courage and tenacity that belied your years. And though the battle was fierce and the odds seemed insurmountable, together, you emerged victorious, driving the forces of darkness back into the shadows from whence they came.

In the aftermath of the battle, as the city basked in the warm glow of victory, you and Donatello stood together atop the rooftop of the lair, watching as the sun dipped below the horizon. And as you gazed into each other's eyes, you knew that no matter what trials lay ahead, you would face them together, bound by a love that was as enduring as it was extraordinary.

For in the shadows of adversity, you had found strength, and in the embrace of love, you had found hope. And together, you would face whatever the future held, side by side, hand in hand, forevermore.

PS. I hope you like this.