Chapter 14

~Malia~

After our dinner, Kendall took me to my favorite place in the world which is the beach. He placed our towel on top of the sand before laying down on his back, looking up at the stars.

I sat down beside him laying on his chest. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I snuggled my head into him, taking in his scent and sighed.

I love the way he smells. Just makes my body all tingly inside. I sniffed him once again.

"Why are you smelling me?" Kendall said.

I sat up and straddled him, feeling my dress rise up a little bit.

"Cause you smell good." I said, giving a big cheesy grin.

He chuckled and looked at me. He moved his left hand onto my thigh and the other hand on my lower back.

His left hand softly rubbed up & down my thigh. He stared me directly into my eyes.

"Beautiful." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What you talking about?" I asked.

"You, babygirl. I'm talking about you. Your so beautiful and you don't even know it."

I blushed. No matter how many times he will call me pretty, beautiful, or even sexy I will not believe him. I've been picked on my whole entire life because of my weight. At first I wouldn't stand up for myself.

But when I moved to Miami, I knew it was a whole different crowd. So I thought I would make a new start and let people know me. At then beginning nobody would mess with me but then Aaliyah became the mean girl.

Of course her words stung but I would always act like it didn't effect me. It became a regular basis for her to pick on me and say hurtful things but I would always turn the other cheek.

She picked on me so much that I started to believe her. I believed every single word. I was an ugly, fat girl that nobody would ever love. Which I believe is true. I am ugly. I am fat. I will never be loved. Heck, my boyfriend obviously doesn't love me. He cheated on me multiple times.

What am I saying? Kendall does love me. I'm just over thinking stuff as usual.

"Whatcha thinking about baby girl?" Kendall asked with a worried expression on his face. I quickly placed a smile on my face.

"Nothing." I lied. I started messing with my fingers and moving slightly in his lap.

"Why are you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying."

"Yes you are. Every time you lie you start messing with your fingers and you start moving around." He said.

I quickly put my hands in my lap and sat still.

"I don't know what your talking about. I'm not lying."

I start looking up in the sky, hoping he wouldn't ask any more. Its not like I am scared of telling of him. Its just that I'm embarrassed.

He grabbed my chin and turned my face towards him.

"I ain't gonna ask you again. What's on your mind?" He asked looking straight in my eyes.

"Nothing baby. I promise." I said. He stared at me for a while studying me. He finally let go of my face and looked up to the sky.

I laid down on his chest once again and took in his scent before my eyes slowly became heavy. A minute later, I was asleep.

×××××××××××××××××

Umm well. I know this chapter wasn't good at all nor was it long. It was very short. And I'm sorry for that. I just wasn't feeling it at all.

Sometimes I seriously think about deleting this book all together and just give up on it. But I'm trying my best to keep writing.

Excuse all the mistakes.

Erica.