One | 一

One

A loud thud echoed throughout the gymnasium as a wide palm made contact with the surface of a ball. As the ball spun at high speed in a straight direction, the air around it whistled. Volleyball shoes squeaked across the polished hardwood floors as the boys practiced.

Iwaizumi Hajime put a hand on his hip and tried to catch his breath. Sweat was already starting to soak into his shirt although all he did was just 10 minutes of basic warm ups. He watched as his teammates did their laps of spiking and jogging around the entire gymnasium.

"Hey everyone!" An irritatingly cheerful voice called from the entrance of the gymnasium. Iwaizumi's face twitched into a scowl as the captain of the volleyball team made his way next to him.

Oikawa Tooru, the captain of Aoba Jousei Volleyball team. He has thick brunette hair that curled up at its ends, complementing his dark brown eyes that had a charming twinkle to them. He was constantly flashing his killer smile, especially to the ladies. Known as the Prince Charming, he has fangirls orbiting him at all times.

Everyone knew him as a carefree, cheerful, sometimes a little silly but in a good way kind of guy. But of course, being his best friend ever since elementary school, Iwaizumi knows he's more than just that.

"You'll have that face permanently if you keep that up, you know?" The brunette teased, poking his friend's cheek playfully. That only fueled the vice-captain's anger.

Iwaizumi grabbed his finger from his cheek and twisted it, but not enough to seriously injure it. The brunette dropped to his knees in pain with his finger still in Iwaizumi's grips.

"S-Stop it, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa begged, animated tears raining off his eyes. "It hurts! It's going to break!"

Iwaizumi looked at him with cold merciless eyes but eventually he let go of his finger. "Kusokawa, can you ever come to practice on time?" He scolded, folding his arms across his chest strictly.

"Gomen, Iwa-chan." Oikawa apologized insincerely, running his fingers through the back of his head. "You know how I try to be on time."

"I don't." Iwaizumi replied bluntly, shooting an arrow right through the captain's heart.

"I-I really do! But I always get held back by the girls, you know that." Oikawa half argued half whined, throwing his arms around in quick gestures that didn't help the situation at all.

"That's because you keep getting yourself distracted by them as well!" Iwaizumi smacked the back of his head as if he was a volleyball. "Have more self-control and be a decent captain for once!"

"But Iwa-chan~" Oikawa whined, rubbing where Iwaizumi had hit him. "You know I can't say no to the girls, they put in so much effort for me after all."

"I swear I'm going to kill you!!" Iwaizumi raged, pushing up his sleeves with gritted teeth and furrowed brows. Oikawa yelped and took a few steps back, clearly terrified of the enraged vice-captain.

"I-Iwa-chan! C-Calm down!" Oikawa put his hands up defensively, his knees knocking against each other as his body trembled.

"Oikawa-kun. Hajime-kun." Coach Mizoguchi called, giving them a rather stern look. The said two stopped their little drama, giving the coach their attention. "Stop messing around and let's start with our practice."

"Yes, coach." They nodded and started to jog around the gymnasium. As they jogged side by side, Oikawa decided to befriend the grim reaper and teased his childhood friend once more, only resulting with a side kick to the gut.